Sealing Technologies, Inc. is a Maryland-based company providing Cyber Security services and cutting-edge technologies to the Federal Government. SealingTech is looking for an experienced and talented Corporate IT Manager to help manage the Corporate IT department in all aspects including project management, budget management, goal setting, road mapping, personnel management, technical leadership and guidance, and implementation. This position requires the ability to manage a small team (1-3 employees), plan out a high-level schedule for all relevant projects, and perform the hand-on senior-level engineering work required to execute the projects.
The Corporate IT team defines and manages internal IT infrastructure, protects the network, manages desktop environments, and key information systems that run the business. The day to day scope includes managing and maintaining workstations and servers, cloud applications, network infrastructure, phone/telephony, desktop support, user accounts, security compliance, and other common IT functions.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Define and execute an IT Department and Cybersecurity Focused Roadmap with a company-wide scope.
- Ensure company’s compliance with various Department of Defense (DoD) cyber security regulations including DoD STIGs, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, DFARS 7012, Raise the Bar (RTB), FISMA, RMF, and CMMC
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of customer data and company data.
- Recruit, mentor, retain and lead an IT department that has proper staffing, tasking, processes, procedures, and documentation to achieve company goals (with a security focus)
- Define, manage, and execute all Corporate IT Projects with bi-weekly reports to executive and other stakeholders.
- Perform security assessments and risk assessments of company assets in support of compliance efforts.
- Perform departmental administrative functions such as budget creation / documentation, expense reports, purchasing (equipment, software, etc.), performance reviews, talent recruitment, project management, etc.
- Handle administrative & policy functions for Corporate IT such as:
- Responding to queries about our compliance with various regulations
- Advising end users on appropriate courses of action for their operations
- Making IT Policy decisions or providing guidance for policies that have not yet been written or addressed at the company level
Qualifications in the following areas:
Desktop Support / Desktop Engineering
- Experience providing 2nd level support for any desktop support issues that are not able to be solved by 1st level engineers (Mac and Windows)
- Experience directly maintaining business-wide baselines / images / templates for desktops and servers.
- Experience supporting business-wide deployments of software and configurations in a geographically distributed workforce onsite and remote (Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft InTune, Ansible, and or JAMF).
- Basic Knowledge and administration of Microsoft 365 Services (Office365 Suite, Azure, Microsoft Sentinel, Microsoft Defender, Microsoft InTune)
- Intermediate Knowledge of VMWare vSphere and related software (VSAN, HA, Distributed Switching, vSphere Permissions)
- Intermediate Knowledge of Windows Server 2012 – 2022
- Intermediate Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (or other Linux distributions)
- Basic Knowledge of Amazon AWS
- Mostly supporting and maintaining simple EC2 instances
- Intermediate knowledge of various types of server hardware
- Familiarity with DoD STIGs, their implementation, and their effects on workstations & servers
- Basic familiarity with automation tools to assist in system administration as needed (Windows Powershell, Bash Scripting, Ansible, Office365 APIs, or similar modules)
- Intermediate knowledge of Switching and Routing Various vendors (Ubiquiti, Cisco, Juniper, vyOS, and Mellanox)
- Intermediate knowledge of architecting & planning networks for several small sites (5-100 people each)
- Basic knowledge of VPN technologies (OpenVPN, IPSec)
- Understanding the application of security requirements and applying them to the appropriate resources within the business
- Understanding of security requirements such as those in NIST 800-171 and CMMC and ensure that software and solutions meet those requirements.
- Knowledge / experience auditing security compliance on company resources and providing reporting to executive stakeholders and customers.
- Basic knowledge of network vulnerability scanners (Nessus, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of application layer firewalls
- Intermediate knowledge of IDS/IPS functionality
- Intermediate knowledge of syslog and network monitoring systems/ NMS, (Microsoft Sentinel, JAMF Protect, Graylog, LibreNMS)
- Familiarity with using JIRA or similar tools to plan and execute sprint-based project iterations.
- Experience forecasting and managing a departmental budget.
- Experience writing and enforcing corporate policies.
- Experience executing employee performance reviews.
- Ability to create technical and non-technical processes/procedures for execution within the business.
- HS Diploma
- At least 1 senior level certification (e.g Microsoft 365: Enterprise Administrator Expert, Certified Scrum Master, CISM, VM Certified Professional, ITIL, CASP, CCNP, CISA, CISSP,GCED,GCIH, CCSP, GSLC, or CCISO).
- Secret Clearance or ability to obtain one.
Working is no longer solely about the job. Here at Sealing Tech, we understand your happiness and health is vital to our success. We are innovative in our approach to cultivating balanced work environments and offer a plethora of added perks. Sealing Tech offers competitive compensation packages, health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement contributions, continuing education budgets, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, and generous vacation policies. Other perks include monthly catered meals, a stocked kitchen, and company retreats and gatherings. Plus, flexible work arrangements, pet friendly offices and quarterly merit bonuses for qualified employees. We are looking for a new member to join our team, take on challenges, be innovative and willing to grow with us. BUILD, SECURE, SOLVE