Gen3 Technology Consulting isan SBA-certified Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) providinga diverse set of technology services and solutions to federal and commercial clients. Founded in 2017, Gen3 leverages over 25 years of information technology management and leadership experience to help our clients define, plan, manage, and achieve their strategic vision while protecting their critical IT assets.We attract and retain the highest caliber of talent by supporting an inclusive work environment, cultivating growth and leadership both professionally and personally, and encouraging work-life balance. We strive to make it our priority to be compassionate, family-friendly, respectful, and flexible.
Gen3’s Joint Ventures,Pivotal Impact(JV with Caladwich) andVetCentric(JV with PingWind) expand our team’sknowledge and expertise as we pool resources to bring federal agencies strong technical, program management, and cyber security solutions, derived by a disciplined management consulting approach.
About the role:
We are seeking aCybersecurity Audit and Compliance Specialist to support the Department of Veterans Affairs. In this role, you will be responsible for evaluating and analyzing the effectiveness of information systems, including conducting audits of VA information systems. Furthermore, you will collaborate with the operational engineering team to support data architecture activities that affect the current cybersecurity capabilities.
What you'll do:
- Be responsible for evaluating and analyzing the effectiveness of information systems, including conducting audits of VA information systems. Gathering business requirements and presenting solutions to clients, as well as providing reports to senior leaders and utilizing your expertise in qualitative and quantitative analytic work to evaluate the efficacy of operations, as required.Designing, deploying, and/or maintaining solutions for large data lakes/brokers.
- Audit logging and monitoring, including configuration management and the analysis of device audit logs to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Cybersecurity operations, federal compliance standards, FISMA, and NIST 800 series expertise.
- Capability to evaluate data, create alternative solutions, make recommendations, and implement action plans to support large, complex enterprise cybersecurity systems.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Electronics Engineering, or technical equivalent with 5 years of professional experience or a total of 13 years in lieu of education.
- Five or more years of experience designing, implementing, and validating cybersecurity solutions in a large enterprise setting.
- Two or more years of experience with Splunk, QRadar, or Microsoft Sentinel, including hands-on experience analyzing large data sets.
What's desired to have:
- Experience with any federal or state government agencies, preferably the Veteran’s Affairs (VA).
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification.
- Experience conducting audits of federal information systems and technology.