Centura Wealth Advisory is seeking a Vice President of Advisory Services to be a key member and leader of our consulting and client-facing advisory team. Centura is a boutique RIA serving both high net-worth and ultra-high net-worth individuals/families. We hire optimistic, resourceful, result-oriented, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients, their teammates, and themselves succeed.
The Vice President of Advisory Services is a player and coach. In this capacity, he/she will both manage their book of clients, as well as provide Sales Management, Coaching, and Training to advisors, Diamond Teams, and other members of the client-facing advisory organization. The VP of Advisory Services will have shown a proven track record for working with and coaching teams, managing sales pipelines, assisting with sales processes, and leading an organization.
The focus of this job is making connections with people, understanding their needs and gaps to achieve their goals, and motivating and inspiring them to achieve results. Servant Leadership and an engaging, empathetic communication style based on natural warmth and enthusiasm is the key to achieving the goals of this job. The work involves driving toward results by enrolling the commitment and
buy-in of others. While the job requires strong initiative and self-direction, results are only achieved with and
Key Success Factors:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following KSFs:
- Meets or exceeds AUM and Client growth goals of team of advisors per financial plan
- Achieves annual plan for new business goals, and tracks/monitors progress towards achieving the goal, makes adjustments as needed to adapt to new information, competitive intelligence, points of friction or failure.
- Able to coach and support advisors daily/weekly/monthly in the winning of new business through clear articulation of Centura’s value proposition, client strategies, and unique differentiators.
- Charismatic and capable of recruiting top elite advisors who desire to be the top of their class and serve clients as fiduciaries of their estate.
- Grows and sustains a personal book of business of HNW clients greater than $50M in assets, showing ability to increase SOW overtime.
- Follows Centura processes for managing sales pipeline in Salesforce, and working within a team of aligned professionals.
- Stays abreast of significant changes or developments (e.g. taxation, regulatory, legal, competitive, and technical) within the fields of investments and financial services
Primary Responsibilities (Ongoing):
- Sales Management- Oversees and coaches Sr Advisors, and Diamond Teams, develops areas of blind spots or deficiencies, staffs teams to complement skillsets, identifies training and development opportunities
- Manages the financial life cycle of High-Net-Worth families in all phases – accumulation (liquidity event), maintenance, depletion, and generational transfer
- Sets the strategic direction of the advisory team according to the company’s business plan, and 5-year vision.
- Establishes relationships with Centers of Influence, prioritizes those with have built a trusted relationship to refer new business.
- Maintains Company preferred referral network of COIs- in order to guide business for those in need.
- Leverages technology, team, and process to achieve the sales results for the organization.
- Maintains budget and expenses according to BD budget and plan
- Builds and maintains his/her/firm reputation within community as professional, cutting-edge, and sought after from HNW and UHNW individuals and families.
- Financial Concepts- Understands financial concepts including Investment Models, Securities, Risk/Risk Tolerance, Estate Planning Tools, Tax (personal and business), Trusts, Insurance product applications/uses
- Technically competent in financial concepts and investment management techniques used by the firm in its core strategies, planning process, and investment philosophy.
- Able to analyze, tear apart, and evaluate wealth preservation strategies with an emphasis on tax mitigation.
- Understands the use and application of Life Insurance products into integrated wealth management strategies.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, ERISA, Dodd-Frank, SEC rules and other relevant regulations and laws.
- People Management: Shown a track record for managing and developing a team (through recruiting, staffing, training, development, and performance management).
- Communication- Highly effective verbal and written communicator. Able to convey message succinctly and adapt message or style based on audience (internal/external, sophisticated/non-technical). Able to effectively use Email, Meeting Notes, Presentations in the pursuit of new business. Uses correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling to organize and communicate ideas in words that are appropriate to listeners and readers and uses appropriate body language.
- Able to explain in layman’s terms the Centura value proposition to new COIs and retail clients in order to generate interest in meeting with the firm’s principals, advisors, and technical experts.
- Integrity / Honesty – Displays highest standards of ethical conduct, understands the impact of violating these standard on the organization, self, and others, chooses an ethical course of action, and is trustworthy. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Systems Savvy- Comfortable with technology and leveraging tools and processes to improve the delivery of service. Leverages the tools that the company has invested across the enterprise.
- Conscientiousness – Displays a high level of effort and commitment towards performing work and demonstrates responsible behavior.
- Personal Organization – Needs to be accurate, highly detail oriented, organized, and able to prioritize time management to perform assigned work.
- Interpersonal skills – Shows understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, cooperation, concern, and politeness to others and relates well to different people from various backgrounds and different situations. Variety of activities, Multiple projects occurring simultaneously, Multi-tasking Sense of urgency for goal achievement, Fast-paced environment
- People/relationships focus, Team building, Inspire, motivate others, and engage their commitment
- Involve others in decision-making process: Cooperative, collaborative decision-making, Must assume responsibility for risk
- Extroverted, warm, enthusiastic, empathetic; Stimulating communicator Persuasive “selling” style
- Collaborative approach
- Leadership based on ability to motivate others
- Strong commitment to results
- Delegates authority readily
Licensing & Education:
- Undergraduate degree – Required
- Master’s degree- Preferred
- Certified Financial Planning “CFP” or CFA designation – Preferred
- Series 65/6- Required
- CA Insurance License- Required
- 10+ Years financial planning/advisory experience
- 5+ Years business development, sales experience
- Proficient with the following software programs
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Advanced Excel, Power Point, Visio, etc.) – Required
- TD Ameritrade – Preferred
- Orion - Highly Preferred
- Salesforce – Preferred
What we provide you:
- Competitive compensation including Salary Base + Bonus
- Opportunity to contribute to a dynamic, fast-paced business that is experiencing rapid growth
- Open and supportive team-based environment
- Paid Time Off
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Free Gym Access
- Communications reimbursement
- Continuing education reimbursement program