Sigma Defense Systems
is a leading technology company serving the Department of Defense (DoD), providing tactical communications systems and services for digital modernization since 2006. Through our acquisitions of SOLUTE in January 2022 and Sub U Systems in May 2022, we have expanded our software and communications hardware solutions to better support JADC2, C5ISR, SATCOM, and DEVSECOPS for customers in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Space Force. Through a combination of hardware, software, and industry expertise, we provide a complete portfolio of solutions and services that accelerates information collection and sharing for faster decision making and better mission outcomes.
Why would you work for us? Quite simply, the work we do is meaningful and stimulating. We promote initiative and independent thought; we encourage direct client engagement to ensure we are delivering what the customer wants; and our engineers and scientists are working on cutting-edge projects that move the state-of-the-art closer to the people who need them. If you're looking for technical challenges and an opportunity to take a leadership role in an environment that encourages you to excel, then WE are your destination.
We are a company of innovative professionals thriving in a highly motivating work environment that fosters creativity and independent thinking. If you are a motivated individual with a desire to support our service men and women, now is a great time to join Sigma Defense!
Discover your next mission with Sigma Defense - Find and follow us at Sigma Defense Systems LLC: Overview | LinkedIn and visit Sigma Defense | A Leading Technology Company for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic.
This role will involve incorporating Helm Charts from upstream opensource and commercial products with the existing Big Bang offering. As such, Helm Chart development and Kubernetes administration, configuration, and troubleshooting will form the basis of daily work. In addition, there will be opportunities to work on building air-gapped and edge deployments of Big Bang. Furthermore, Gitlab CI is used to execute CI/CD pipelines for Big Bang packages, so finding clever solutions around Gitlab CI will also be common. Lastly, the Big Bang team frequently communicates synchronously and asynchronously with peer team members, other teams internal to Platform One, and customers, so frequent and clear communication will be a facet of daily life.
- Candidate must be well-versed in GitOps methodologies, with experience working with Kubernetes and FluxCD ideal.
- Other GitOps tools such as ArgoCD are acceptable if the candidate is willing to learn. Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines is also a plus.
- Basic requirements are familiarity with Linux, Git, Docker, and Agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of security best-practices in a Kubernetes context
Personnel Clearance Level:
- Candidate must possess, or have the ability to obtain an active, DoD issued Secret security clearance.
Education, Experience and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least three years of experience in DevOps.
- Experience using Kubernetes, FluxCD, ArgoCD, Kustomize, Helm, and AWS.
- Candidate must obtain a DoD issued Secret security clearance if they do not possess one, and eventually obtain a Security+ certification.
Essential Job Duties (not all-inclusive):
- Candidate will be responsible for proactively and continuously picking up tasking and learning on the job.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that issues they are assigned to are completed by the end of the milestone to which the issue belongs.
- Responsibilities include package updates to be ready for release by the release date, incorporating customer feedback into Big Bang and Big Bang packages through Helm Chart development to make them more flexible and more secure, and submitting issues both internal to Big Bang and to upstream projects to address problems at source.
- Depth with Helm, FluxCD, and OCI artifacts
- Depth with Gitlab CI
- Experience with multiple Kubernetes distributions
$100,000 - $120,000 annually.
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Medical Insurance to Include an HSA Plan and HRA Plan Which Features a $6,000 Health Reimbursement
- Life and A&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- 160 Hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) with Carry-Over up to 240 hours
- 12 (Floating) Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Flexible Schedule