We are looking to hire a Cloud Security Architect to help us modernize IT applications. The best candidate will be able to switch easily between tactical and strategic talks with technical, business, and mission leaders. In an Agile setting, this person will work closely with Client's staff, including but not limited to subject matter experts, technical staff, and project managers. You know about the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidelines and security controls and how they can be used in government IT environments.
Some of the most important duties and responsibilities are:
- Give advice to stakeholders and turn business needs into solutions based on Azure that is safe, scalable, and reliable.
- Plan and build solutions and business apps that run on Microsoft Azure, including computing, networking, storage, and security.
- Improve the Site Reliability Engineering practice: monitoring/alerting, auto-scaling, security, and self-healing system stability
- Set up Azure security tools and configurations
- Give technical advice for designing solutions that meet federal rules, goals, and responsibilities.
- Create future-state roadmaps, drive consensus and proofs-of-concept, and show that there are other ways to modernize apps for Azure that are just as good.
- At least 5 years of experience creating application design and roadmaps in Azure.
- At least five years of experience with business architecture projects, including on-premises and modernization, enterprise application integration, DevOps, and cloud technology.
- At least three years of experience designing Azure cloud solutions and moving apps to Azure.
- At least three years of experience working with one or more cloud service providers on advanced ideas like Serverless, containers, CI/CD workflows, and Azure ADO Repos.
- In-depth knowledge of Azure Services that are widely used in applications, such as Azure App Service, Azure Web Apps, Blob Storage, Azure Cognitive Search/Services, Azure SQL, Cosmos DB, etc.
- Have experience building a cloud control plan and deciding on the best ways to set up and run a cloud.
- Show that you can communicate well both orally and in writing.
Other skills Required:
- Certified Azure Solutions Architect
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in IT or an equivalent degree or work experience that is comparable.