The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in leading technology teams and delivering innovative solutions in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. You should be a strategic thinker with a deep understanding of emerging technologies and trends and have the ability to translate complex concepts into business value. While also, being an exceptional communicator and collaborator, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally.
To set the technology strategy and execution of SKRECC’s Utility Technology Roadmap as well as the management of the Information Technology enterprise architecture comprised of infrastructure and applications. Utilizing technical knowledge and skills in the areas of cybersecurity, data analytics, hardware implementation and software development to work collaboratively with the CEO, other members of the executive team, and department heads to ensure that the utility's technology initiatives align and continues to meet the overall business strategy. Overseeing and continuously evaluating the broad range of technologies that may be applied with all portions of the business, to include those associated with the distribution of electricity and customer end-use. Monitoring the channels through which information flows into and out of the information network, mitigating security issues.
• Graduation with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, Finance, Information Systems or Computer Science, or other degree related to the job, plus five (5) years’ experience related to electric utilities, two (2) years of which were in a managerial capacity and two (2) years which included technology-related operations or planning.
• Master’s Degree or higher may substitute for experience within SKRECC’s discretion.
• Exhibits strong technical skills and knowledge in the areas of cybersecurity, data analytics, hardware, software development & implementation, infrastructure management, and telecommunications. Familiarity with emerging technologies such as cloud computing, artificial intelligence, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
• Exhibits transformational leadership skills, including the ability to inspire and motivate teams, build strong relationships with stakeholders, and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to operate successfully in a regulated environment with an understanding and appreciation of risk, compliance, corporate policy and procedures, internal controls, and regulatory requirements.
• Strategic mindset, able to develop and implement a technology strategy that aligns with the company's overall business goals.
• Strong understanding of business operations, financial management, and the competitive landscape of the industry.
• Innovative and creative, with a record of developing and implementing new technologies and processes that drive business success.
• Exceptional critical thinking skills, able to identify and solve complex technical problems, often under pressure and with limited resources.
• Strong collaboration skills, able to collaborate effectively with other senior leaders, department heads, and external partners to achieve common goals.
• Demonstrated passion for continuous-learning and staying up to date with the latest technological advancements and industry trends. Agile, willing to take risks and try new approaches to drive innovation and growth.
• Requires the ability to actively engage and comply with all safety programs and initiatives; to include the ability to satisfactorily pass a background check and drug screen and maintain a valid driver’s license.