The Global IT Director of Infrastructure & Security is accountable for the management of all global network, security (application and cyber), database, and servers (cloud and virtual). The IT Director is a valued member of The LYCRA Company’s IT leadership team, participating in leadership meetings and contributing to development and refinement of strategic planning, development and implementation of technical roadmaps, process improvements, and efficiency efforts, and owning capex/opex budget responsibility. The LYCRA Company seeks candidates with proven leadership skills, an ability to operate with a high sense of urgency, successfully handling multiple priorities, and possessing a high level of discipline, while remaining flexible and agile. Candidates must possess superior people skills, dealing with all levels in a team environment, up to and including presentations and explanation of projects to upper-level management and across business units.
This senior level position researches the latest technology as it applies to The LYCRA Company’s infrastructure and technological potential, evaluates vendor proposals and vendor solutions for strategic IT posturing and planning, and ensures enterprise-wide computer and network security meets best in class standards and aligns to The LYCRA Company’s compliance policies and framework.
Successful candidates will also possess the following traits:
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills; proven experience working in large team environments and across diverse IT and business groups.
- Experience managing large teams, including globally diverse teams; experience serving in “leader of leaders” role(s).
- Exhibiting an innovative, transformative mindset, guided by strong personal integrity, sound judgment, critical thinking, and accountability
- a self-starter with strong initiative and skills – both technical and organizational / cultural; demonstrates a reputation for leading and developing others to excellence in company culture / expectations and known for helping to develop and promote company mission, vision/strategy, and principles
- Capable to lead and collaborate with diverse IT and business groups across the globe, and with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated strengths in customer service, problem-solving, assertiveness, proactivity, and ownership / responsibility; driven by and demonstrating humility, professionalism, and servant leadership
- Continuous development and evolution of world-class IT Infrastructure and IT Security groups and solutions, through effective coaching, mentoring, knowledge sharing and leadership-by example.
- Managing a large and remote Managed Service Provider (MSP); defining and executing on performance goals, SLAs, incentives, and corrective actions, while mentoring / coaching and holding MSP leadership and yourself accountable.
- Continuous enhancement, optimization, and sustenance of a reliable, secure, standardized, business risk-adjusted, and cost-effective Global IT Infrastructure architecture / support model.
- Ownership of The LYCRA Company IT Cybersecurity Program; accountability for protecting The LYCRA Company electronic assets from all forms of intrusion, fraud, infiltration, etc.; collaborate frequently with the CISO, the LYCRA Company and MSP Security organizations, and security vendor partners towards a world-class Cybersecurity Program.
- Contribute significantly to IT Talent management / development through performance reviews, 360 feedback, talent reviews, compensation reviews, measurement of team and individual goals, incentivization strategies, in collaboration with IT Leadership, the CIO and the VP of IT. Liaison / collaboration / escalation with other LYCRA Company and vendor support groups.
- Proactive relationship building and frequent interfacing with key site leaders and business leaders / groups; provide occasional support / consulting to Process Control Network (PCN) environments; work closely with Operations leadership to build a formal PCN Support Model; provide appropriate prioritization and response / resolution for all site IT incidents
- Own the forecasting / budgeting processes for the Global IT Infrastructure and IT Security organizations, based on defined strategies, vision, and goals; assist other IT Leadership team members similarly.
- Provide global support to multiple locations in all the company’s global regions; Provide extended hours support / oversight for emergency and critical IT issues as needed; serve in 24x7 coverage rotations with other senior IT Leadership team members.
- Continuous development and enhancement to IT standards, standardized work processes and procedures (ticketing, support standards / polices, cybersecurity programs project management, time tracking, etc.)
- Occasional travel to domestic and international company locations (up to 10%)
Work Experience / Skills REQUIRED
- At least 12 years of experience in large scale (thousands of users, etc.) IT environments.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing large teams, preferably across multiple global locations; must have served as a “leader of leaders”, i.e. formal supervision of other managers and supervisors.
- A thorough understanding of both local and wide-area networks, Cisco networking technologies, storage area networks, high availability infrastructure, network security, and telephony.
- Thorough understanding of IT security theories and best practices, security appliances, firewalls, endpoint security controls (including anti-virus, anti-malware, application control, web threat protection), network security, and network traffic analysis.
- Experience with desktop, server, and virtualization systems (VMWare, Citrix, etc.).
- At least 2 years of leadership and/or hands-on experience with Cloud technologies – public, private, or mixed; strong knowledge of AWS and Azure cloud models are a PLUS
- Strong foundational knowledge and practical working knowledge of IT Security Elementals; having served in an IT security role or providing oversight for an IT security team is a major PLUS
- Basic understanding of router, switch, firewall and IP networking fundamentals
- Experience supporting Microsoft operating systems and client software, especially Microsoft Office products.
Work Experience / Skills PREFERRED
- Experience serving in IT leadership or hands-on role(s) in support of manufacturing environments, Process Control Networks, Operational Technology
- CISSP and/or other IT Security Certifications are a major PLUS
- 5+ years in a role supporting or leading cloud technologies projects and initiatives
- Knowledge of Purdue and related security models, network technologies and tools is a major plus.
- Knowledge of best practices in infrastructure and security, such as ITIL, COBIT, NIST, and ISO.
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance frameworks such as GDPR.
- 4-year degree in Computer Science, MIS, IT Security or other IT discipline(s)
- CISSP and/or other IT Security certifications / education
- Microsoft / Cisco / Linux certifications
- Demands / Working Conditions
- Due to global nature of responsibilities, role will require work outside of normal business hours, especially during critical outages / incidents.
- Available to serve in 24x7 on-call escalations, typically for emergencies and major incidents, including holidays and weekends as needed.
- Active Passport and ability to travel to international locations (infrequent)
- Travel < 10%