Who we are:
CompassMSP is a rapidly expanding, award-winning technology solutions provider in the booming managed services space. Our vision is to be the North American leader in delivering and supporting technology solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. We are driven by our mission and core values to be a great place to work and a great company to work with.
Currently, our organization covers 5 regions with offices from Hartford to Chicago to Miami. We offer a broad portfolio of secure IT services including managed IT, cybersecurity, technical compliance (CMMC, NIST, HIPAA, etc.), cloud solutions, and professional services. We have garnered top industry recognition for our thought leadership, growth, and workplace culture.
What we are looking for:
The Director of Sales will report to the CEO and be responsible for all aspects of the sales process, with a hands-on, action-oriented approach to managing the entire sales team. The Director of Sales will work closely with the CEO, COO, CMO, and Regional Vice Presidents to develop, manage, and close opportunities in the pipeline for all regions. Additionally, the successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Chief Marketing Officer to help ensure alignment of the organization’s sales and marketing activities to drive lead generation in all regions. Overall, this role will own and drive sales strategy through collaborative partnerships throughout the organization to increase sales productivity.
The successful candidate believes in our mission to help small and mid-sized businesses gain a competitive advantage by harnessing the power of technology to reach their business goals. They are an advocate for our approach to achieving this mission and embrace the vision of becoming North America’s leading MSP.
CompassMSP has ambitious market share growth aspirations. We are looking for someone with a similar drive and ambition who is committed to helping us exceed our targets. Candidates must have a proven track record of winning new accounts and maximizing our product offerings by effectively selling premium services.
Key Requirements for the Position:
- 7+ years of exceptional sales experience in a quota-driven, high-demand environment.
- 5+ years of experience in sales training/sales enablement
- 3+ years of leading a sales team posting YoY measurable growth
- Background in a consultation/professional services industry preferred
- Strong mastery of selling skills and sales methodology
- Uses CRM as the critical tool to track pipeline value, conversion rates, pipeline velocity, and sales engagement.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong sales process orientation
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Comfortable working in a matrix reporting environment
- English fluency is required, Spanish is an advantage
Who you are:
You are a detail-oriented self-starter who takes ownership of your job responsibilities and can communicate effectively with teammates and clients. You work best in a bold, work-hard, play-hard, environment. You are adept at setting organizational key performance metrics, using analytics for decision making, and enjoy team mentorship, team camaraderie and multitasking, all while working in a fun environment.
A successful Director of Sales will be able to:
- Create and live by our sales compensation plan and sales strategy
- Own the end-to-end process of tracking sales activities across multiple offices and regions, improving productivity of the sales force, and enhancing the sales funnel.
- Build and lead a sales team that is aligned with our mission and produces results
- This includes but is not limited to hiring, training, and managing the sales team.
- Enable and drive consistency of the sales team throughout CompassMSP.
- Work with Marketing to select the right tools and create materials and presentations to enable the sales team (in alignment with our Mission, Vision, Values, and Pillars).
- Use data and metrics to measure results and, based on that data, adjust and implement new concepts.
- Operate in a matrixed environment – that means someone who can get things done by effectively working with others outside of your own organization.
- Evaluate opportunity pipelines, including devising with marketing the right set of actions to improve pipeline results.
- Drive full adoption of our CRM by emphasizing the value of it throughout the sales organization.
- Develop a consistent cadence for review of KPIs and forecasting and get buy-in for its use.
How you measure success:
- Acquisition of new customer sales vs. quotas
- Achieving new customer sales pipeline value vs. goal
- Overall sales team hitting pipeline goals
- Team Engagement
- Pipeline Velocity
- Increases in Pipeline Leads to Sales Conversion Rates
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Stock Options
- Quarterly Bonuses
- Progressive PTO
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability available
- Tax deferred retirement plan with company match
- Career Development and Coaching
- Fun work environment!