Position: Cyber Security Engineer
Duration: Long Term
Visa: Only US Citizens
Essential Duties &Responsibilities
- A cyber security engineer with an analytical mind and a detailed understanding of cybersecurity methodologies.
- Requires meticulous attention to detail, outstanding problem-solving skills, working comfortably under pressure, and delivering on tight deadlines.
- Must display an excellent understanding of technology infrastructure, Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy, and Security Audits.
- Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organization's data, systems, and networks.
- Troubleshooting security and network problems.
- Responding to all system and/or network security breaches.
- Ensuring that the organization's data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
- Participating in the change management process.
- Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities.
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting, and communication with the relevant departments in the organization.
- Manage and analyze the security information and event management (SIEM) tools and services.
- Secure coding practices, ethical hacking, and threat modeling.
- Proficiency in Python, C++, Java, Ruby, Node, Go, and/or Power Shell.
- IDS/IPS, penetration, and vulnerability testing.
- Firewall and intrusion detection/prevention protocols.
- Windows, UNIX, and Linux operating systems and Virtual Machines.
- Through understanding of NIST Cyber Security protocols and standards.
- Proven experience with Cloud environments and Security protocols.
A master’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, Engineering, or a similar technical discipline with 10+ years of relevant experience.