Sr Systems Engineer
Technical Lead - Defensive Cyber Weapon System
Who we are:
Sealing Technologies, Inc. is a Maryland-based company providing Cyber Security services and cutting-edge technologies to the Federal Government. Sealing Tech is looking to hire an experienced and talented Technical Team Lead.
In this role, you will lead a high performing team of industry-leading engineers supporting full DCO software integration, operations, engineering, training evolutions, and providing thought leadership to shape the future.
As Technical Team Lead, you will drive engineering efforts around hardware and software integration, systems engineering, and security engineering. You will work with the team and customer to make architecture decisions, establish engineering change requests, and provide implementation plans outlining the tasks and configurations that need to be completed to meet the objectives listed above.
What we need you to do:
- Personally perform & lead cybersecurity related engineering tasks as appropriate, including hands on development
- Assign resources, estimate staffing needs, coordinate activities, and connect with requisite stakeholders
- Conduct research and evaluate technical analysis with specific emphasis on network and cyber operations Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) focused on the threat to networked space and cyberspace platforms and US and DoD information networks
- Collaborate and coordinate with relevant stakeholders throughout the company to ensure technology controls and standards are well understood and followed
- Lead technical staff who reside in several places around the country with a large concentration in Columbia, MD
- Work with other departments to provide technical demonstrations and capabilities.
- Identify high-level functional and technical requirements based on interactions with the user community and knowledge of the existing DoD enterprise architecture
- 6+ years of relevant experience in systems engineering (server hardware), systems architecture, and network security architecture
- 5 years of experience (with at least one year having occurred in the past two years) with current defensive cyberspace TTPs
- Knowledge and background with key cybersecurity concepts, technologies, and methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with network protocols, virtualization, architecture design, and defense in depth practices
- Possess basic theory and operational concepts for infrastructure security and hardening processes, techniques, and best practices
- Experience using automation tools (Ansible, Python, Scripting, etc.)
- Experience with Agile project management (Jira, Confluence)
- Well-versed in virtualization technologies (such as VMware, Openshift, etc.) virtualization management (Vcenter, Kubernetes, etc.) and virtual machine and container deployment and configuration
- Understanding of the function and operation of Defensive Cyber tools, including Splunk, Elastic, Zeek, Palo Alto, RedSeal, VMWare, and others
- Knowledge of best practices in the realm of Security patching, authentication, and log retention
- Experience working within a security framework for compliance and auditing
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form
- Ability to write, document, and maintain processes and procedures related to architecture changes, engineering efforts, and security compliance
- BS in computer science or related field
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Experience working Defensive Cyber Operations within any Service Cyber Command elements or other Government organizations
- An active Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification
Working is no longer solely about the job. Here at Sealing Tech, we understand your happiness and health is vital to our success. We are innovative in our approach to cultivating balanced work environments and offer a plethora of added perks. Sealing Tech offers competitive compensation packages, health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement contributions, continuing education budgets, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, and generous vacation policies. Other perks include monthly catered meals, a stocked kitchen, and company retreats and gatherings. Plus, flexible work arrangements, pet friendly offices and quarterly merit bonuses for qualified employees. We are looking for a new member to join our team, take on challenges, be innovative and willing to grow with us.