JAE Oregon has been in operation since 1989. We produce electrical connectors, primarily for the automotive industry. Quality and Safety are priorities at JAE Oregon, Inc. We maintain ISO9001:2015/IATF16949:2016 Quality Management certifications, ISO 14001 (Environmental Management certification 2015), and VDA Quality Management. To aid in running a productive and profitable production facility, we strive to adhere to the Lean Manufacturing methodology.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Evaluates all projects and IT activities and makes recommendations to management based on time, budget and available resources.
2. Ensures that the department’s daily tasks are completed by appropriate personnel and Help Desk requirements are addressed in a timely manner.
3. Performs Network analysis, planning, design, implementation, maintenance, and documentation for Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) systems for manufacturing and administrative support in Oregon and Tijuana plant.
4. Maintains LAN based Internet and Intranet systems
5. Responsible for VOIP system.
6. Maintains and supports the company’s servers, storage, network hardware and peripherals.
7. Reviews, recommends, and implements computer and database systems that support companywide technology.
8. Provides information technology direction, support and coordination of tasks to JAE Oregon’s Tijuana Branch as required.
9. Evaluates and recommends approval and purchase of companywide hardware and software and oversees the implementation of same.
10. Assists in negotiations with, and recommends approval of, Company long distance and Internet providers and contracts.
11. Responsible for sub-contractor management, resource allocation, and customer service (user community).
12. Supervises and provides direction to, and assists in the development of, IT area personnel and activities.
13. Responsible for IT department’s vendor and license management.
14. Oversees the IT department’s physical inventory and software application products to provide tools and solutions for the user community.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
1. Must be capable of using a personal computer.
2. Must understand written and verbal communication in English, to read and comprehend technical manuals, and work with the computer community.
3. Must have strong problem analyzing and decision-making skills.
4. Must be able to handle multiple and diverse priorities.
5. Must be able to make decisions without immediate supervision and use independent judgment.
6. Must be mobile, with wide range of motion, including standing, stooping, kneeling, and crawling.
7. Must be able to lift, push, pull, and/or carry minimum 30 lbs.
8. Must have good manual dexterity 9. Must have four function math skills.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND/OR EXPERIENCE
1. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to understand and interpret user needs in a multicultural environment.
2. Must be highly proficient with personal computers and applicable software programs with the ability to perform advanced programming and updates of commercial software programs.
3. Must have a high level of mechanical aptitude.
4. Must have strong teamwork skills.
5. Must have ability to deal effectively with all levels of the organization.
6. Minimum five years’ experience required in I.T. systems design, analysis, management and development.
7. Some higher education or vocational training specializing in computer science and data communication theory and networking technology required.
8. Must have LAN and Wan system experience
9. Certification in area network operating systems preferred.
10. Some experience with voicemail systems preferred.
11. Familiarization with PBX systems preferred.
1. Ability to take initiative in acquiring and mastering skills and knowledge.
2. Ability to establish and meet priorities to ensure that critical deadlines are met; avoid distraction by less critical tasks or other activities.
3. Ability to develop procedures, processes and systems for order, accuracy, efficiency and productivity.
4. Ability to take initiative in learning and implementing new concepts, technologies, legal requirements and/or methodologies.
5. Ability to recognize relevant information to identify and evaluate available options.
6. Ability to effectively manage time and priorities to meet deadlines of department.
7. Working understanding of ISO9001/ IATF16949/ ISO14001 and VDA 6.3.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Education Assistance Program
- Vision insurance