Share only EST candidates
Submit Senior candidates only
Share only 2 best profiles
I need someone with at least 10+ years in the US.
Longterm contract-AWS Security Engineer- NYC based (hybrid or remote)
World renowned digital education organization has an immediate need for an AWS Security Engineer. This critical role will be responsible for strategic security related integration initiatives as well as addressing cybersecurity incidents.
Ideal resource will be located in the tristate area and able to work onsite 1 day/week, but open to remote for the right resource.
- 8+ years of cybersecurity experience, including security operations, network security, threat intelligence, and incident response.
- SIEM configuration (Qradar/Splunk).
- Incident and alarm response procedures, engagement with operations teams to manage incidents.
- Experience and understanding of AWS Cloud-based services, technologies, and providers (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, etc.)
- Proven experience writing queries, parsing, and correlating data.
- Deep understanding of PaloAlto, firewall, IDS, and Wildfire features
- Ability to perform analysis of log files from multiple devices and environments, and identify indicators of security threats.
- Demonstrable knowledge of scripting/ programming tools such as PowerShell and Python
- Understanding of VPN infrastructure, 2FA.
- Deep understanding of network protocols and security TCP/ IP, UDP, DHCP, FTP, SFTP, SNMP, SMTP, SSH, SSL, VPN, RDP, HTTP, and HTTPS.
- Familiarity with data leakage prevention tools such as DLP/CASB/Websecurity
- Experience in web security CDN Akamai/Cloudfront/WAF.