This program is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. This position will administer SecDevOps and Configuration Management (CM) practices, tools, and techniques for the use by the team, to increase our ability to deliver trainers more quickly and with improved quality. They will be responsible for setting up cloud environments to be used by development teams for continuous integration and development of Navy systems in both the public cloud and on-premises in private clouds. And will work directly with the management team to help standardize these same practices across our entire development group and demonstrate the effectiveness and value of modern SecDevOps and CM to our Navy customers.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science, Math or the Sciences, Network Engineering, Systems Software, Information Technology, or a related technical degree.
4+ years of experience using DevSecOps methods (Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery) and tools (Jenkins, Docker) with a strong background in the Linux operating system
Knowledge of scripting languages and methods to automate processes
Ability to learn and apply new skills, and share your own expertise with the team to improve our development capabilities
- Certifications in DevSecOps, RHCE, QA and/or Atlassian.
- Previously served as the CM Tool designer and administrator for a development team.
- Previously served as the Build Engineer, Release Engineer, or Product Installer for a development team.
- Experience with Atlassian Software Development and Collaboration products (Jira, Confluence, Portfolio)
- Experience with Ansible, puppet, Terraform, or CloudFormation.
- Developed tests and testing strategies with Jenkins or Google Test.
- Certifications of Security+, Linux+, Network+, or CCNA.
Eligible to obtain a U.S. Government SECRET security clearance
- Travel may be required to partner organizations or trainer sites (including Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT, and Kings Bay GA) but will account for approximately 5% of the job.