This on-site position is responsible for the overall management of Information Technology (“IT”) needs for a small, private school in Birmingham, Michigan that enrolls approximately 200 students per year. IT management includes coordinating IT initiatives, programs, policies, and IT service providers to the school (internet, firewall service and other network service support, other IT related vendors). The IT Manager provides help desk support daily and oversight for network engineering, service desk, security, storage and operating systems. Plans and recommends modifications or additional equipment to increase the capacity, improve reliability and availability of all systems. Provides technical support for the faculty and staff and project management oversight for third party engagements.
The IT Manager reports directly to the Head of School & Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are typical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
● Provide day-to-day service to employees through a Help Desk system
● Consults with school leadership to understand their business processes and provide technology solutions to meet their needs
● Serves as the primary advisor on day-to-day information technology operations matters
● Ensures that IT resources are available for the Academy's faculty and staff
● Performs the installation and maintenance of network hardware (storage, servers, firewalls, switches, pc’s, printers, mobile devices), cloud services (email, website, network backup solutions), enterprise software solutions and desktop software
● Remediates issues and problems as they are discovered.
● Make emergency configuration changes as needed.
● Plans, implements, monitors and maintains network security systems to protect and prevent data loss to digital assets including computer systems, network systems and data
● Establishes and maintains network users, user environment, directories, and security
● Provides support to end users including addressing user questions, concerns, and problems with hardware, software and online activities, ad hoc end user training, tracks and records issues and verifies resolution.
● Assists in developing and monitoring the annual budget and capital improvement budget for IT related items
● Prepare cost–benefit analyses when upgrades are necessary, and monitor vendors to ensure that they’re offering the best-possible service and value for business needs
● Contract with the third-party vendors as necessary
● Track and maintain hardware and software inventory
● Develop and execute disaster planning and maintain data backups
● Researches and evaluates new technologies, hardware, and software
● Other duties as assigned
Forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required, which may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended as an employment contract.
Eton Academy is an inclusive and Equal Opportunity Employer