Manager, General Membership Programming & Event Producer
San Francisco Bay Area Preferred (Hybrid), Remote for the Right Candidate (USA)
Pledge 1% is on a mission to inspire, educate, and empower every company to leverage their assets to be a force for good.
To date, over 17,000 companies across 100 countries have joined our global movement including top industry leaders like Salesforce, Atlassian, Twilio, Airbnb, Coinbase, Okta, Toast, Snyk, Canva, Guild, and many more. Together, we’ve ignited billions $$ of new philanthropy and have enabled companies to creatively and collaboratively leverage their time, talent, product, voice, and financial resources to tackle the most pressing issues of our time.
Over the past 8 years, Pledge 1% has been redefining what it means to be a successful company of the future and demonstrating that being a force for good is both the right and smart thing for companies to do. We’ve set up coalitions to raise emergency funds for vaccinations and co-created policies that help companies promote healthy and inclusive workplaces. We wrote the playbook for companies to set aside stock prior to their exits to fund long term social impact and ESG. We forged a coalition of partners from the world’s top VC firms, now Pledge 1% Boardroom Allies, committed to encouraging companies to commit to social impact well in advance of their liquidity events. We’ve run learning events, co-written toolkits with CSR and ESG experts, provided ongoing 1:1 support, and created an online peer community to help companies unlock new ways to have impact – no matter their size, location, or the economic climate.
The Pledge 1% movement is the ultimate force multiplier!
We have a bold 5 year plan to grow our movement to 50,000 members and ignite $5billion of new philanthropy by 2027. We’re hiring right now and building a rock star team.
Pledge 1%, a project of Tides Center, celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know in your application.
This role will report to the VP of Member Impact
We are seeking a highly efficient, detail-oriented, and self-driven Programming & Event Producer to join our team as we enter our next phase of growth. As an early addition to our core team, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact and play a vital role in ensuring the smooth execution of our programming as we scale our operations and membership. You will collaborate closely with internal team members and external partners to conceptualize, execute, and follow up on events.
Your work will encompass various cross-functional responsibilities, including supporting member engagement efforts, business development convenings, and stakeholder events. You will seamlessly manage multiple events per week, catering to diverse audiences such as donors, Pledge 1% members, investors, and partners.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with the ability to take action. You have experience in building and scaling membership programming and event strategies, and possess excellent execution skills and interpersonal abilities to operationalize these strategies effectively. Your strong attention to detail, proactive approach to identifying feedback loops and internal alignments, and your ability to provide proactive results reporting make you the perfect fit for this role.
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a fast-paced, tenacious, innovative, and collaborative environment that drives exponential impact, and if you are motivated to deliver a high-quality member experience through outstanding programming and events, we want to hear from you.
What does a successful candidate look like?
- Exceptional Attention to Detail: You are extremely organized with an unwavering attention to detail.
- Passion for Events: Producing compelling events that align with our mission and vision is your passion.
- Expert Zoom User: You are proficient in using Zoom to run a diverse range of virtual events.
- Tech and Operational Excellence: You are adept at utilizing various technologies to implement programming and reporting, with experience in Salesforce preferred.
- Eye for Design: You possess skills in developing event decks and materials.
- Vendor Management: You excel in managing vendor relationships while adhering to budgets and timelines.
- Self-Motivated Multi-Tasker: You can organize, prioritize, and coordinate multiple work activities, meeting deadlines consistently. You are reliable, responsive, and self-managing.
- Problem-Solving Skills: You anticipate potential issues and calmly address event challenges with a solutions-oriented mindset.
- High Emotional Intelligence: You have excellent judgment, enjoy interacting with a diverse range of stakeholders, and possess strong people skills.
- Team Player: You are flexible, resourceful, and adopt an "I'm on it" attitude and approach.
- Strong Communicator: You have exceptional written, oral, and visual communication skills.
- Passionate about Social Change: You are dedicated to our Pledge 1% mission and vision, and passionate about driving social change.
- Member/Customer Centric: You are focused on understanding and improving member engagement experiences.
- Strong Work Ethic and Positive Attitude: You maintain a strong work ethic and a positive outlook.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: You are a self-starter and can collaborate effectively across teams. You are equally comfortable in strategic and execution-oriented roles.
- Social Impact Experience (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
Key areas of responsibility
- Produce a suite of Pledge 1% events and workshops (in-person and virtual), adhering to organizational standards and project plans.
- Develop and implement project plans and templates for a variety of events, primarily for the Pledge 1% member community.
- Manage budgets for all Pledge 1% events and convenings.
- Cultivate relationships with vendors and programming partners.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Lead to manage a programming calendar.
- Develop a tracking system to ensure timely event milestones and provide reports on success metrics during internal meetings.
- Equip staff, members, and partners with the necessary tools and resources
Location: San Francisco Bay Area & Surrounding Region (Hybrid) preferred. Occasional travel requirements. Remote talent outside the Bay Area will be considered.
Salary & Benefits:$95K - $140K, subject to experience, and location. Stellar benefits, wellness package, and work-from-home stipend. Approximately 5+ years of relevant experience managing and producing both virtual and in-person events.
Please send a resume and description of how your experience aligns to our requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org