Client Name: Spectrum Brands
JO Title: Sr. Network Engineer
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Madison or St. Louis possibly open to remote for great fit
Drug / Background: Yes
Citizenship required: No
Top Skills/Must Haves: Cisco FW, Azure deployed Palo Alto FW, General Route/Switch, Wi-Fi experience a plus
The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for maintaining network operations in a global environment.Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage, monitor and maintain network application support for client and/or server applications.
- Responsible for worldwide Cisco, Palo alto and other vendor-based network administration.
- Lead projects from concept through completion.
- Monitor hardware, software, and operating systems to ensure that each is performing according to approved standards.
- In coordination with Architectural Standards, develop, maintain, and deploy corporate wide network Standards.
- Perform network troubleshooting by utilizing Cisco TAC and Palo Alto for advanced issues.
- Work with other vendor procedures, troubleshoot and correct issues impacting the SPB Business.
- Coordinate and install new platform hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Lead and maintain assigned escalated help desk tickets. Document all activities performed in resolving problems.
- Responsible for the strategic planning and design of telecom infrastructure and/or network components. Analyses the short-term and/or long-term network capacity needs for current and future network requirements. Designs the network architecture and performs technical analysis of software, hardware, and network systems, systems engineering for front-end processors, multiplexes, LAN/WAN communications, network nodes, switches, and various transmission systems. Ensures compliance with Service Level Agreement (SLA) standards and protocols. Has knowledge on IP routers, switches, fiber optic connections, microwave wireless transmission, 2G/3G/4G, DSL, radio frequency systems, etc.
- Installs, maintains and evaluates network systems and communications. Troubleshoots the complex network issues involving various factors. Conducts network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies. Must have extensive knowledge of Internet, computer, routers, switches, firewall, etc.
- Handle network or server outages as escalated by the Network Engineer(s), Service Desk or direct customer intervention.
- Document corrective actions taken utilizing ServiceNow and other approved documentation sources.
- Keep management apprised of issues, and the progress toward resolution.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
Education And Experience Profile
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree related to Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of total Information Systems experience; network experience required; hands on troubleshooting and corrective actions within an Enterprise Network required.
- Preferred experience in or with:
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Cisco Firewalls including Firepower
- Enterprise I.S.
- administering MPLS, DMVPN
- OSPF and BGP
- Cisco ACI
- LAN skills (switching, ARP, QoS, etc.)
- WAN skills (MLPPP, VPN tunnels, etc.)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills; solid TCP/IP knowledge.
- Strong time-management and project-management skills.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Ability and interest to keep current on IT technology that Spectrum Brands employs.
- Must be results-focused.
- Passion to make a difference to the business.
- Must be able to work independently.