Atlanta, GA - (Hybrid: 2 Days/Week on-site)
Hourly/ W2Employee Type:
Our client is seeking an Information Security Specialist- Operations. You will support systems and processes to protect the client's information resources.Qualifications
- Responsible for all aspects of the organization's threat and vulnerability management program.
- Analyzes information security risks and offers remediation solutions to department management and business lines.
- Remains informed of leading-edge technology and industry/academic best practices to determine application to existing business needs.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for incident response activity and investigation of network irregularities.
- Communicates information and ideas clearly and with sensitivity to the diversity of audiences.
- Develops and contributes to technical documentation and communication.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years equivalent experience; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Contributes to a comprehensive, business-aligned threat and vulnerability management program.
- Conducts threat modeling and analysis activities of business processes and current/potential IT solutions.
- Develops recommendations for business partners to remediate vulnerabilities, institute compensating controls or request risk acceptance decisions.
- Tracks metrics and measures to substantiate the efficacy of the program.
- Provides feedback to intelligence-gathering organizations.
- Conducts research into existing and emerging security threats and technical / process controls.
- Remains abreast of the current security industry and academic research to identify opportunities to address present and future business needs.
- Conducts proof of concept, technology evaluation and acceptance testing of security products and processes.
- Provides technical input to security standards, guidelines and daily operational procedures.
- Offers guidance and recommendations to business lines and IT team on security requirements and best practices.
- Communicates security policies, standards and guidelines in clear terms to non-technical personnel.
- Performs security incident operations, including after-hours response activities, event escalation coverage, and incident reporting.
- Contributes to and participates in security incident plan exercises. Identifies, investigates and escalates information security incidents on the network.
- Monitors and analyzes open source and internal data sources to identify trending security issues and alert management to developments, changes and shifts in risk.
- Contributes to risk assessments and reviews complex, technical documents, diagrams and plans to identify security requirements and recommend controls.
- Develops recommended implementation/ security configuration guides for hardware and software.