Senior Application Architect
Senior Application Architect
$108,792.00 - $134,772.00 Annually
- 15 Days Paid Vacation ( 1-4 years)
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Unlimited Sick Time
- Fully Paid PPO Medical Benefits
- Tuition/Student Loan Reimbursement
Under general direction, leads, manages, and participates in the analysis, design, specifications preparation, development, deployment, and support of complex, large-scale applications, utilizing client server and internet/intranet technologies to meet customer needs; plans, organizes, leads, and participates in studies for integrated and enterprise systems development; develops solutions to identified systems needs and problems; serves as a lead for technical staff on integrated applications; and acts as a liaison between customers and technical staff to provide technical and analytical support.
This classification is distinguished from the Application Architect in that the Application Architect designs and develops overall system architecture for various new and existing systems, whereas this classification will lead the Application Architect in integrated technology solutions and provided technical training regarding integrated applications.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
General direction is provided by a higher-level administrator. Responsibilities include lead over professional and technical staff.
The classification specification provides a summary of the typical job duties performed, along with the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leads and participates in the design and development of complex enterprise applications based upon systems requirements and utilizing development technologies
- Designs and develops software integration technology for single software solution to coexist under common system enterprise platform.
- Conducts systems analysis for business and educational applications
- Identifies customer needs and requirements for automated computer systems
- Monitors and reports on status of projects in progress
- Ensures program documentation in accordance with established standards and practices
- Provides technical and analytical support to customer organizations as requested
- Participates in system feasibility studies as a technical subject matter expert
- Leads and participates in research to determine if existing software is available from vendors or other agencies that will support the requirements of systems specifications
- Plans, organizes, evaluates, leads, and participates in projects and studies with contractors and vendors
- Conducts technical training and provides ongoing guidance and support to technical staff for the development of software applications aligning with the portfolio software solution model.
- Prepares training materials and trains non-programming personnel in the use of software applications
- Develops and modifies information technology standards and procedures for applications
- Provides input and prepares recommendations and reports for system implementation and budgetary expenditures
- Act as scrum master and be familiar with agile development
- Performs related duties as assigned
- Design and develop integrated business and education software solutions that interact between multiple enterprise platforms and applications both on-premise and cloud (SaaS).
- Design and develop Microsoft 365 solutions using Power Platform, Azure, SharePoint and related tools.
- Principles and techniques of systems analysis and Object Oriented programming for computerized applications
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications
- Programming frameworks such as the Microsoft .NET platforms
- Interface Development Environments (IDEs) such as Visual Studio.NET; C#; JAVA, HTML; SQL, including stored procedures, triggers, and functions
- Servers in an n-tier architecture such as Web servers, application servers, and database servers run on premise and in cloud environment
- Operating systems such as Windows, Unix, Linux, Android, and IOS
- Relational databases such as MS SQL Server, DB2, and Oracle
- Data warehousing, BI, and ETL tools
- Principles, concepts and techniques of feasibility studies, cost benefit analyses, systems studies, and the preparation of budget projections
- Analyzing & Interpreting Data – Drawing meaning and conclusions from quantitative and/or qualitative data
- Critical Thinking – Analytically and logically evaluating information, propositions, and claims
- Professional & Technical Expertise – Applying technical subject matter to the job
- Innovation – Imagining and devising new and better ways of doing things
- Oral Communication – Engaging effectively in dialogue
- Presentation Skill – Formally delivering information to groups
- Customer Focus – Attending to the needs and expectation of customers
- Professional Impact – Presenting self as a positive representative of the organization
- Teamwork – Collaborating with others to achieve shared goals
- Business Process Analysis – Defining, assessing, and improving operational processes and workflow
- Project Management – Planning and tracking projects to ensure they are on-time, on-budget, and achieve their objectives
- Cultural Proficiency – Model communication and interaction that respect and include all individuals and their languages, abilities, religions and cultures
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
This summary provides examples of the typical physical demands and work environment of this classification.
Work is sedentary.
- Remains in a stationary position to perform desk work
- Lifts items such as binders and documents weighing less than 10 pounds without assistance
- Carries items such as binders and documents weighing less than 10 pounds without assistance
- Uses hands, wrists, and fingers repetitively to type and operate office equipment
- Rotates the head right or left from a neutral position to review work materials
- Exchanges information with co-workers and customers regarding work-related matters
- Uses near visual acuity at 20 inches or less to operate desktop or laptop computer
The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions.
- Works in an indoor, climate-control environment
Experience: Seven years of experience in the design, development, and implementation of client server or Web-based enterprise applications, including three years in .NET and four years of experience with SQL and Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or DB2. One year of experience working on the development for integration of software across enterprise platforms such as Microsoft Office 365, Azure Environment, and Cloud SaaS solutions.
Education: A bachelor's degree or equivalent college units (60 semester or 90 quarter units) with major coursework in computer science, information technology, technology management, or other fields closely related to the job requirements of this classification, from an institution of higher learning recognized by the Council of Higher Education Accreditation. Foreign degrees and credit units require translation and equivalency established by an agency recognized by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Additional Requirements/Information: A valid California driver’s license and the availability of private
Remote/Hybrid Work Schedule: No