Wallarm is the only solution that unifies best-in-class API Security and WAAP (Next-Gen WAF) capabilities to protect your entire API and web application portfolio in multi-cloud and cloud-native environments. We are on a mission to help companies counter the new style of attacks on the ever-changing landscape of cybersecurity. Wallarm enables developers, Security Ops and DevSecOps teams the ability to secure their APIs via observability, and ensure Protection and Analytics to manage risk, protect the business, and enable speed of development with safety. As a Sales Engineer (SE), you will be an integral part of defining our success at Wallarm and will play a key role in building the foundation of a world-class sales organization.
About the role:
The Sales Engineer (SE) is a critical function of the Wallarm sales team. In this position, you will report to the VP of Sales, work closely with our sales reps, and play a key role in winning deals and driving the business forward. You'll be a trusted technical advisor to a wide range of customers from startups to Fortune 500 enterprises within a specified region. The role requires excellent technical, communication, and organizational skills, and previous experience with application security and microservices architectures. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the benefits of Wallarm, explaining technical features and problem-solving any potential roadblocks.
What you will do:
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers
- Own the technical relationship with Wallarm’s customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources
- Deliver demos to customers and work hands-on with customers to demonstrate Wallarm’s value in customer/partner environments
- Successfully manage the end-to-end process for customer proof-of-values (POV) and ensure agreed success criteria are consistently met
- Recommend API security best practices, microservices architecture, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete API security solution based on Wallarm
- Bring constructive feedback from customers to product management to improve the Wallarm solution. Contribute to PRDs
- Train sales team members on technical aspects of the Wallarm product as needed
- Moderate travel required