You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
As part of our diverse tech team, you can architect, code and ship software that makes us an essential part of our customers’ digital lives. Here, you can work alongside talented engineers in an open, supportive, inclusive environment where your voice is valued, and you make your own decisions on what tech to use to solve challenging problems. Amex offers a range of opportunities to work with the latest technologies and encourages you to back the broader engineering community through open source. And because we understand the importance of keeping your skills fresh and relevant, we give you dedicated time to invest in your professional development. Find your place in technology on #TeamAmex.How will you make an impact in this role?
American Express Cloud Engineering provides comprehensive platform that enables business critical applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. The platform offers fast-paced rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD tools, etc. for application developers in a multi cloud environment. Amex Cloud Platform enables application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
The Cloud Governance & Compliance Information Security Manager for the American Express Cloud Engineering organization will be responsible for managing Cloud Governance and Compliance functions in support of Amex’s multi-cloud strategy. This role primarily focuses on ensuring that cloud engineering is meeting the needs of the audit, compliance, and regulatory requirements, in partnership with various stakeholders within the company.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent thought leadership, strategic and critical thinking, ability to communicate effectively, relationship building skills, and the ability to work well under pressure. They will need to have a consistent track record of excellence operating independently and within a hard-working team environment.Responsibilities:
- Support the establishment of an audit, compliance, and governance team within the Cloud Engineering organization in support of Amex's multi-cloud strategy
- Ensure Cloud Engineering is meeting the needs of audit, compliance, and regulatory requirements, in partnership with various stakeholders within the company
- Drive and manage all internal and external audit related activities for the cloud engineering organization
- Define plans and drive closures for any actions resulting from internal and external audits
- Partner with Technology Risk and Information Security organization to efficiently manage any risk management and regulatory reporting in the context of cloud governance
- Identify and develop best practices for optimal cloud governance to bring agility while enforcing all the IS/IT controls across public and private Clouds
- Evangelize cloud governance practices among the Technology community
- BS in Computer Science or Business
- 2+ years of IS / IT domain experience and best practices
- 2+ years of experience in understanding of policies, standards, and procedures
- 2+ years of Risk reporting, framework development, and program oversight
- 2+ years of process creation and implementation in a governance-based environment
- Demonstrates and encourages enterprise-wide thinking and collaboration
- Experience employing a risk-based approach to identify and remediate vulnerabilities
- Experience overseeing and managing governance processes including business justification and risk-based decision making
- Logical thinker who can balance governance, compliance, and business needs
Salary Range: $103,000.00 to $170,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- 6% Company Match on retirement savings plan
- Free financial coaching and financial well-being support
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- 20+ weeks paid parental leave for all parents, regardless of gender, offered for pregnancy, adoption or surrogacy
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
For a full list of Team Amex benefits, visit our Colleague Benefits Site.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “Know Your Rights” poster and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.