Thales Defense & Security, Inc. is a global company serving the defense, federal, and commercial markets with innovative solutions for the ground tactical, airborne and avionics, naval/maritime, and public safety and security domains. In addition to mission-critical communication systems, the company provides helmet-mounted displays and motion tracking technologies; SATCOM terminals; advanced sonar systems; and data protection solutions. Furthermore, the company serves as a gateway for technology, leveraging Thales-wide solutions—such as combat management systems; naval, airborne, and ground ISR; and electronic warfare—to address U.S. requirements.
We currently have an opening for an experienced Information Assurance (INFOSEC) Engineer to function in a Lead Information Security Engineering role at our Clarksburg, Maryland headquarters.
- Competitive Salary
- Yearly Incentive Bonus Program
- Generous 401(k) program - up to 7% company contribution and 100% immediate vesting
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid wellness, vacation, and holiday leave
- Paid maternity, paternity, and parental leave
- 9/80 Work Schedule (every other Friday off)
- Serves as the technical lead for all Information Security related aspects of secure wireless communication products.
- Provides system level requirements analysis and architecture design, contractor support, development team support, customer support, verification, validation.
- Manages NSA Certification process.
- Supports customer and internal proposal efforts, along with cost and schedule estimation efforts.
- Provides technical guidance and mentoring to junior level engineers.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- U.S. Citizenship. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- 8+ years experience as a design engineer.
- BSEE (MSEE preferred).
- Experienced with the application of the IASRD to the handheld radio domain.
- Experience with the NSA embedment process preferable.
- Familiar with the operation, use, and waveform details of legacy U.S. military voice and data communications equipment.
- Security Software Design/Development experience.
- Understanding of network security. CISSP is a plus.
- Experience working with open source software and open source compliance.
- Experience with Fuzz Testing and Penetration Testing.
- Experience working with the Risk Management Framework.
- Working knowledge of Multilevel Secure Operating Systems and their associated concepts is desired.
- Must understand the Common Criteria, EAL Levels, Protection Profiles, Security Targets, Trust Anchors and Reference Monitors.
- Experience with FIPS 140-2 and Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) is desirable.
- Experience with Anti-Tamper design principles, COMSEC and TRANSEC cryptographic algorithms and key management protocols and interfaces is preferred.
- Familiar with common PC engineering software and requirements management software is preferred.
For specific questions about this job posting, candidates may contact the recruiter at email@example.com.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. Thales is an E-Verify employer.
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 240-864-7630.