What a NOC Engineer Does
We work in a Lean Software development environment with high collaboration cross-functional teams. Together we develop new products, services, and features of the Packsize platform for our on-demand box-making machines, integration with other systems, optimizing complex workflows, and more. We are highly collaborative with Software Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers, Product Managers, UX, Management, Stakeholders, and our customers. We are continuously looking at the health of our DevOps culture and how we can learn and improve.
As a NOC Engineer at Packsize, you are a member of the software engineering organization, and are actively involved in the monitoring of infrastructure and systems that support our software platforms. We rely on your skills and know how to create and support tools and systems that empower our teams’ ability to continuously monitor and maintain highly available distributed systems. As a NOC Engineer with a knack for automation, troubleshooting, and problem-solving, you will be responsible for monitoring our environments, servers, and applications for health, performance, and security. You will work with a cross functional team to deliver meaningful outcomes for our end users and customers.
Our team at Packsize is in the process of migrating our on-premises, enterprise software to a cloud hosted, distributed deployment model. We have unique challenges that require us to manage infrastructure on premise with IoT technologies, as well as resources in the cloud.
As an experienced IT professional, you enjoy involvement in the software support lifecycle. Your excellent written and verbal communication skills will be critical in gaining alignment on your team and across stakeholders.
- You love exploring new technologies and keeping your own technical skills sharp while exhibiting responsibility and caution
- You have a passion for innovation, learning, and excellence
- You elevate the technical abilities of those around you
- You are a fantastic communicator and effective influencer within your teams
- You have a track record of being analytical, methodical, and quality-driven
- You love to develop and support flexible and robust infrastructure monitoring, resulting in impeccable availability of the platform
You and your team will be responsible for:
- Continuous environment monitoring for application health, performance, and security
- Evaluating infrastructure alarms and problem situations, resolving as required and escalating to other levels for resolution when necessary
- Communicating with other Packsize departments; notifying appropriate parties immediately of any issues which may affect efficient site operations including, but not limited to- outages, service disruptions, and repeated site performance issues
- Forecasting and assessing reliability risks
- Collaborating with SREs and developers to research and address technical needs and to develop better solutions
- Maintaining a pulse on emerging technologies and discovering hidden opportunities in our environment
- Providing information on infrastructure and services availability, capacity, and performance metrics
- A successful candidate will be well experienced with monitoring the health of software and infrastructure in the Azure cloud environment
- At least 2-3 years working on a team focused on resource monitoring and alerting is required
- Experience with creating and maintaining Azure based alerting is helpful but not required
- Knowledge and usage of Nagios, Datadog or similar monitoring tools is helpful but not required
- Scripting experience is a plus
- Knowledge of ARM Templates and KQL is a plus
- Strong knowledge of networking, network security and performance is preferred
Packsize is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, Packsize policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities.