Job Title: IT Director - Information Security
Work Location: Corinth, TX
Duration: Direct Placement
Education/Experience Required: Bachelor's Degree in Information Security, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Management or equivalent work experience. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
The IT Director - Information Security provides direction, oversight and management for the Information Security department within Information Technology. The Information Security department is responsible for the planning, design, implementation and operation of security policies and programs that support the secure daily operation of the organization.Responsibilities:
- Works closely with Information Technology leadership, business leaders and vendors to develop and maintain information security programs aligned with client business strategy.
- Develops and maintains policies, procedures, and standards related to the selection, implementation, support and administration of technology and information security.
- Develops and reports on relevant metrics related to information security and department performance.
- Mentors Information Security leadership.
- Negotiates security hardware, software and service-related contracts.
- Develops and ensures adherence to annual capital and operating budgets.
- Ensures compliance with security software license provisions.
- Manages relationships with Information Security vendors.
- Ensures adequate disaster recovery, data protection and business continuity planning is performed for Client's technology infrastructure.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Complies with established client safety and operating rules, procedures, and guidelines. Responsible for reporting unsafe practices to a supervisor.
- Complies with established Client Information Security Handbook, procedures, and guidelines. Responsible for reporting suspected information security incidents to Tech Support.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Information Security Manager
- Recruits, interviews, hires and trains management-level staff.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Security, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Management or equivalent work experience
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Ten years' experience in Information Security with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Seven years' leading a technical group.
- Five years' experience in Electric Utility Information Security.
- Experience working with security standards and frameworks such as C2M2, NIST CSF, PCI-DSS, and HIPAA.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Proven planning, organizing, leadership and management skills.
- Excellent skills in translating security and risk concepts for the business.
- Human resource management skills.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office software (Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to operate office machinery, such as copier, fax machine and personal computer.
- Accounting and budgeting skills.
- Planning and organization skills.
For more information or to view other opportunities, visit us at www.paladininc.com. Paladin Consulting is an EEOC employer.
- Indoor, office environment.
- Operates office equipment such as a computer, telephone, fax machine, copier, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Ability to drive occasionally.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, and reaching.
- Uses computer for extensive periods of time.
- Works extended hours as needed or directed.
- Travels to conferences and meetings as necessary.
- Must have and maintain a valid Texas driver's license.