Our client, a financial services company, is seeking a Information Security Senior Engineer - Insider Threat Location:
Virtual, FL Position Type:
Contract Job Summary:
The Senior Information Security Engineer conducts network and software vulnerability assessments and testing by utilizing reverse engineering techniques. This job tests the current state of the information security architecture and provides improvement recommendations by gathering key insights found from testing and analyzing the current systems and networks. This job also evaluates system security configurations and performs root cause analysis to determine how to provide optimal IT security for the organization. Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Executes vulnerability analysis and exploitation of applications, operating systems and networks.
- Designing security models, reviewing and approving security configuration and installation of firewall, VPN, routers, IDS scanning technologies, and servers.
- Identifies intrusion or incident path or method through testing and evaluation procedures.
- Overseeing security awareness programs; educating and communicating to staff about information security polices, procedures, and practices.
- Contributes to the design, development and implementation of countermeasures, systems integration and tools specific to cyber and information operations.
- Monitoring industry security updates, technologies and best practices to improve security management.
- Resolves complex malware and intrusion issues within the system as they occur.
- Monitors industry security updates, technologies and practices on a continual basis to improve overall security management.
- Serves as an internal information security consultant on the standards, complex issues and best practices for the organization.
- Performs testing and analysis of complex software systems to determine both the functionality and intent of the systems.
- Builds and maintains operational and configuration documentation and creates and maintains diagrams.
- Works with Cybersecurity Risk and Security Operation teams to enhance the overall security posture of the enterprise.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 3+ Years Required; 5+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- Preferred: Experience with Implementation of Security Controls, Experience with Insider Threat, Exabeam