Associate Cyber Security Engineer
Hybrid must be based in San Diego, CA
Tillster, headquartered in the USA, is the global leader in digital ordering and customer engagement solutions. For over a decade we have developed revolutionary self-service, ordering and payments solutions – for mobile, tablet, online, kiosk, call center, and more – creating personalized interactions based on consumer preferences, language, and currency. Our platform is compatible with 15+ unique POS systems, representing over 90% coverage in multi-unit restaurants. We offer one platform; one scalable, enterprise class solution – to create world-class digital engagement solutions.
Our mission and passion are one in the same: Empower restaurants and consumers to engage and transact anywhere, anytime, and from any device - one consumer at a time, one order at a time, billions of times over. In doing so, together we are transforming e-commerce in restaurants and make the till grow for Tillster and our customers.
About the Role
This is an exciting role for any cyber professional looking to make the jump from entry-level to experienced junior manager. At Tillster you will be part of an innovation forward cyber security team, who are currently testing and deploying cutting-edge security tools ranging from new cloud firewalls, Data driven SOC, dynamic and automated pen-testing, as well as dark web monitoring. This is finally your opportunity to do something thrilling and forward looking!
This position will work across all cyber functions as well as manage day to day functions of junior resources. This person will play a critical role in helping the Cyber Security team achieve its objectives in four (4) key areas; Technical and Access Compliance Functions; SOC Alerting and Monitoring; Patching Reporting across Tillster assets; and strategic improvement. The Analyst will assist the team with annual auditing processes by reviewing assessment findings, documentation, technology processes, and implementing controls in a wide range of environments.
The Analyst will be expected to interact with members of the greater IT Team and larger Tillster community. The core responsibilities for the Associate Cyber Security Analyst but are not limited to the following and are subject to change based on need:
Technical and Access Compliance Functions (~20%)
- Assist with the planning and execution of monthly security audits of Tillster technologies and products. This includes reviewing access lists. Tools that are included are: LogMeIn, Sophos, Active Directory, Rapid 7, BurpSuite, Microsoft Azure, InTune, etc.
- Support Cyber program across multiple platforms and tools.
- Review Internal policies and procedures, provide feedback prior to production deployment to ensure adequate security posture is followed.
- Plan and organize internal meetings and tasks such as annual BCP events, PCI recertification, etc.
SOC and Tool Alerting and Monitoring (~20%)
- Support ongoing SOC process and monitoring initiative(s).
- Assist with planning and improvements of our SOC.
- Build internal and external dashboards for cyber security functions.
- Work across teams to ensure consistent change management processes are followed, tickets are created and appropriate messaging is sent.
Patching Reporting (~30%)
- Prepare and present regular reports as required, including statistics relating to Vulnerability Management, Client patching, and related processes.
- Manage patching processes across Kiosk, Web/Mobile, Enterprise.
- Help develop metrics and reporting for Cyber Security and Assurance functions (SOC and NOC).
- Help create professional reports for senior leadership and clients.
Strategic Improvement (~30%)
- Collaborate, develop and enhance systems and tools to manage information security risk.
- Assess the appropriateness and effectiveness of security measures and recommend enhancements.
- Assist in the review of existing tools and how to get more utilization out of existing tools.
- 3- 5 years of experience in a cyber security or networking role.
- Networking and/or security certifications are not required but seen as a plus.
- Great communication skills
- Hands-on Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Knowledge of PowerShell
- Knowledge of foundational firewall principles
- Vulnerability Management and Patching experience
The Interview Process
1. Recruiter interview with a Talent Acquisition Specialist
2. Technical Interview with Cyber Security Team
3. Final interview with our VP of Cyber Security
Making a Difference in the Tillster Way
Our business and product mission is to empower restaurants and consumers globally, by empowering, supporting, and nurturing the people who are part of the global Tillster team. We want to ensure all employees feel respected, confident, and engaged. Creating an inclusive working environment is of the utmost importance to us. To make this a reality, Tillster is dedicated to embracing diversity in all forms and is proudly an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, family/parental status, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.
Pay and Benefits (USA)
- Expected base salary range $55,000 - $71,000. Total starting compensation will be determined based on all lawful criteria, Company policy and best practices.
- Equity: All employees within the U.S. are eligible to participate in the Stock Option Plan.
- Health Benefits: All full-time, regular employees and their dependents are eligible for medical, dental, vision and FSA benefits. Additional health benefits include Healthcare and Dependent Care reimbursement programs, Employee Assistance Program (“EAP”) and Optum Care 24-hour confidential medical counseling services.
- Holidays: The company observes ten (10) paid holidays per calendar year.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): Full-time, regular employees earn 15 days of PTO in the first 12-months of continuous service, and 22 days in subsequent years. Eligible part-time employees earn pro-rated PTO.
- Retirement: Effective with your employment start date, you will be eligible to participate in the 401(k) Plan.
- Education, Learning & Development: We offer college tuition and education assistance programs; LinkedIn Learning courses; and ongoing learning and development opportunities.
Local Candidates Strongly Preferred
No Visa Sponsorship
Principals only – no Agencies or calls please