PHYSICAL SECURITY SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
Location: Redwood City, CA
JOB ID: 20858
Salary 120,000 - 145,000 a year depending on experience and job fit.
Our Local Bay Area client has an immediate need for a Physical Security Systems Technician. You will be working in the office and in the field. There will be about 20-25% Travel. You will manage high impact physical security systems operations and maintenance, oversee the installation and configuration of security systems, and assist with selecting products for all Principal properties worldwide, owned now and in the future. Work with all departments and vendors and occasionally take direction from the Chief Executive Officer, and occasionally with the principal, family members, business associates, and the properties.
You will be responsible for the installation, programming, operation, and maintenance of all aspects of the physical security systems for all Properties, and assist with security systems design and engineering, coordinate with vendors, and oversee security systems installations and commissioning for team and company projects.
What You Get To Do
- Work closely with the Security and Facilities Departments to define security systems requirements and research/evaluate products that best support the operational needs of Security personnel and Principal preferences.
- Collaborate with the Physical Security Systems Manager and other team members to design and implement new physical security systems.
- You will manage the installation, programming, and maintenance of all physical security systems, to include but not limited to access control systems, security video systems, intrusion detection systems, life safety systems, visitor management systems, and other asset protection systems.
- Research, evaluate, and provide recommendations for physical security systems enhancements/products and emerging technology based on industry best practices.
- Communicate concepts, design recommendations, and project overviews to end users and security vendors during planning and schematic phases of work.
- Manage and support the RSG access control systems, various alarm systems, and security video systems for multiple locations (including all remote properties).
- Manage and further develop the physical security information management systems to ensure all information, alarms, video, and other signals are promptly and reliably received.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with security systems support personnel to resolve system problems with minimal disruption; communicate effectively with users and management regarding problem resolution status.
- Manage the testing of physical security systems to ensure proper installation, integration, operations, and maintenance; work closely with the Security Team and other stakeholders to conduct systems and penetration testing and other audits of system performance to ensure operational capabilities meet requirements.
- Manage systems maintenance programs with a goal of “Five 9s” reliability; manage comprehensive discrepancy reporting, tracking, and follow-up action to ensure critical systems “up time”; and ensure timely performance reporting to Security (and other relevant stakeholders) to provide accountability, visibility, and insight into gaps and, if necessary, highlight the need for mitigation strategies.
- Create and maintain configuration and maintenance documentation including written reports, accurate component labeling, technical diagrams, hardware, and software configurations, and as built documentation, document clear and precise processes, and procedures for systems users.
- Integrate required systems into the security command center with appropriate sensitivity and consideration given to human factors of engineering and workflow.
- Coordinate with all physical security systems vendors, ensuring that all projects are on time and within budget and scope.
- Oversee periodic maintenance and testing of installed systems including physical installations and network-based equipment and servers.
- Actively partner with other security personnel to ensure physical security systems are best integrated into operations.
- Develop and maintain security systems documentation for hardware and software systems.
- Project manage upgrades to existing systems.
- Support new projects as required.
- Manage vendor partners in the delivery of as-built documentation for new or existing projects.
- Provide ongoing and continuous quality assurance reviews for all deliverables.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
What You Bring
Experience, Skills, and Certifications:
- 8+ years of experience managing physical security systems.
- Experience with residential and commercial physical security systems.
- Detailed technical knowledge of physical security systems to include access control systems, alarm systems, and security video systems.
- Detailed technical knowledge of physical security systems, to include interpreting technical drawings/architectural plans and working with LenelS2, ExacqVision, CCURE, and Genetec.
- Experience working with and safeguarding confidential information.
- Communicate orally and writing effectively with both technical/non-technical team members.
- Preferred certification (e.g., PMP, ASIS PSP certification, and/or CSPM).
- BS/BA degree in electrical or industrial Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Possess valid unrestricted driver’s license, adequate vehicle insurance coverage, and vehicle for use in performing job duties and travel among the Properties.
- Possess a current passport and able to travel as needed, both domestically and internationally.
Expected Work Habits
- Be prompt and on time to all meetings, scheduled work, and all timelines established by the Chief Executive Officer and/or Physical Security Systems Manager.
- Superior customer service skills and professional demeanor; responsive in a timely manner outside of regular business hours.
- Able to work collaboratively on a team as well as independently.
- Organized and able to follow through with projects.
- Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Able to multitask and prioritize competing action items.
- High-energy and ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
- Able to work under pressure with constant deadlines and changing priorities, maintaining a calm demeanor.
- Able to gracefully accept direct feedback.
- Able to handle very sensitive and highly confidential issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Organized, efficient, punctual, reliable, proactive, self-starter with a track record of being self-motivated.
- Personable and able to work with various individuals effectively.
- Flexibility, integrity, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Must have and express a positive approach to problems and situations that may arise.
Must be able to work for a US based company without requiring visa sponsorship.
More About Wimmer Solutions
At Wimmer Solutions, we’ve built a reputation for results-driven, innovative, business and technology solutions that help companies execute on their strategic initiatives. We custom tailor our services to fit our clients’ needs from consulting and technology process outsourcing to interim technical talent resourcing.
We’re all about people and community. Since 2002, we have offered technology staffing and managed services for the great Seattle area. We focus on getting to know our clients and candidates to create lasting partnerships and ensure success. Not only do we provide a wide variety of benefits like medical and dental, but we are also committed to inspiring and creating positive change in the world with our community outreach programs. You will join a large team of professionals who are passionate about their careers as well as their community. For more career opportunities or to refer a friend, please visit http://wimmersolutions.com/careers.