About The Job
We are looking to hire a Authorization Specialist who will be responsible for processing and verifying all patient referrals and authorizations; providing excellent care, and collaborating effectively with all departments.Essential Functions
- Obtains and reviews authorization requests and follows the referral processes. Utilizes multiple computer programs to validate insurance eligibility and insurance requirements.
- Contacts insurance companies to verify benefits and obtain pre-certification and/or authorization when required.
- Accurately enters authorization and /or pre-certification information into the computer system and attaches authorization.
- Ensures appropriate feedback and follow-up with all authorization and /or pre-certification requests.
- Processes referrals for authorization within time frames set by regulatory or company policy.
- Locates and refers patients to appropriate providers and/or facilities.
- Communicates efficiently and effectively with other providers’ offices, insurance companies, and patients.
- Notify patients when the outgoing referral process is completed and enter appropriate documentation into the patient’s electronic medical chart.
- Responsible for all communicative referral information (i.e. faxes, e-mails, telephone calls)
- Closes check out at end of the day.
- Processes and verifies new patient referrals in a timely manner.
- Documents work processes as required.
- Always act in a friendly manner toward all patients, family members, coworkers, and other internal or external customers.
- Maintains confidentiality of information on patients.
About Jax Spine & Pain Centers
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience as a referral coordinator or background in general office work is preferred.
- Ability to comprehend and follow established office routines and policies.
- Understanding of insurance carriers’ plans and guidelines.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of medical terminology, CPT, and ICD-9 codes.
- Good Computer skills including Microsoft office products.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Highly detail-oriented.
ABOUT OUR PRACTICEWe are proud to be the leading providers of progressive interventional pain relief.Our team of board-certified physicians and medical staff are highly trained in all areas of diagnosis, treatment, and patient care.LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN THE MEDICAL FIELD?Apply today and have the potential to join Northeast Florida’s Leading Interventional Pain Management Specialists. At Jax Spine & Pain Centers, we provide our patients with superior solutions to treat acute and chronic pain.Now serving multiple locations, our board certified physician’s along with our professional staff value hands-on compassionate care, from the consultation through treatment. Please see the list below for our current openings. We seek qualified, highly energized and self-motivated individuals who respect the essence of time and appreciate the value of a smile.We are always accepting resumes for the following positions:Medical assistantsDME techniciansMedical billing/AR specialistsCall center customer service representatives.