Position: Lead Cybersecurity Data Scientist
We are seeking a highly skilled and passionate Lead Cybersecurity Data Scientist to help build groundbreaking products and drive our mission forward. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data science and cybersecurity, enabling them to identify patterns and trends in real-world scenarios and contribute to high-profile research publications and product development. Join our dynamic team and take part in shaping the future of cybersecurity!
What you’ll do
- Conduct in-depth research on cybersecurity, data security, and insider risk, identifying patterns and real-world breaches to inform our product and marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with R&D and Labs teams to apply state-of-the-art AI technologies to make our product dramatically easier to use and more effective at detecting advanced threats.
- Contribute to high-profile marketing and research publications on data security and insider risk management to elevate our company’s brand and position ourselves as thought leaders in Data Security.
- Work closely with product, sales, and customer success teams to transform product usage data into actionable insights to improve our product and customer experience.
- Stay current with the latest industry trends, tools, and techniques in data science and cybersecurity.
- Effectively communicate complex findings and insights to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Who you are
- Proven track record of solving real-world data science problems in research or industry settings, with a focus on cybersecurity and data science — at least 2 years of hands-on experience.
- Proficiency in advanced SQL and experience working with petabyte-scale datasets (nice to have: experience with BigQuery).
- Strong Python programming skills, with experience using pandas and similar tools.
- Solid understanding of theoretical foundations and practical applications of statistics.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex data in visually appealing and easy-to-understand formats.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts to diverse audiences.
What you can count on
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Comprehensive health benefits, fully paid for you and your family.
- Flexible paid time off policy.
- Career advancement opportunities and professional growth.
At Cyberhaven, we've raised over $52M from leading Silicon Valley investors (Vertex, Costanoa and Redpoint). Cyberhaven is also backed by founders, executives, and security leaders who have built transformational technologies at Nutanix, Palo Alto Networks, Facebook, Google, Slack, Akamai, Cloudera, AsterData and others. We have strong demand for our product from the world’s largest companies and we are growing fast.
Cyberhaven is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.