Position Summary: Systems Administrator includes responsibility for specification, selection, installation, configuration, system management and operation, including administration and maintenance ofsystemssupport for all company software and hardware. This responsibility includes testing, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving problems related to the same. Provide timely technical support for users and works with them to solve existing problems. This position will also include providing help desk support needs with use of the company’s ticket system as well as additional requests determine by management and organizational project needs.This position can be remote or located in Utica, NY, Alexandria, VA, or Lake Mary, FL.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Responsible for Admin of Microsoft O365 to include Azure, Exchange, Endpoint Manager and other like items.
Skills and Competencies:
- Understanding of system software to include Windows, Linux and SQL
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong Microsoft 365 and Microsoft AZURE skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- 3 years network administration and system administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Rising Phoenix Holdings Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.