One of the world’s most successful high-frequency trading firms is seeking an experienced Network Security Engineer who will help maintain the team’s highest level of service and keep the network security levels ahead of business demands, while pushing for more standardization through automation.
The firms numerous distributed systems are built on an agile, reliable, multi-vendor network infrastructure that supports all traffic profiles from trading to internet connectivity. Enabling these systems to operate in a secure and auditable manner is a key mission of the Network Security team.
Additional responsibilities of this role will include:
- You will find and resolve issues, plan, and execute deployments, and improve systems where possible.
- Assessing firewall policies against security standards and business needs
- Work closely with the Cybersecurity team to mitigate threats and vulnerabilities.
- Interact with stakeholders to establish and push firewall policies.
- Troubleshoot issues by analyzing packet captures and reviewing audit logs.
- Work closely with the Network Engineering team on DMZ designs and deployments.
- Contributing to support tasks and actively taking steps to improve the team's ability to monitor the systems effectively, through scripting and/or conveying requirements to our dedicated developers.
In order to qualify:
- Hands-on experience with firewall configuration and troubleshooting.
- Strong understanding of network security principles and technologies (e.g., TCP, ARP, BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS)
- Experience designing a DMZ network.
- Motivated to automate workflows to increase efficiency.
- Strong ability to context switch and organize your workload.
- Clear communication skills and a high degree of customer service