Position Title: Corporate IT Cyber Security Engineer
- Location: greater Chicago, IL area; full relocation is available
- Compensation: Lucrative base and bonus, long term incentives, great benefits package, relocation assistance available
- Industry: Consumer Goods / Consumer Products
- Company: fast growing 2.5B division of a publicly held leader in consumer products
- Type: Full-time/perm position
- Position id: 1664
Explore an exceptional career growth opportunity…..
*** See VIDEO about position at https://youtu.be/d_HR8bcNDXw
One of our clients, a global leader in the Consumer Goods industry, has asked us to find a great Cyber Security Engineer work on a broad range of security initiatives.
What they are looking for is an IT Security Engineer to work on a wide range of security related projects such as developing and implementing security policies, countermeasures, defenses to intercept and prevent security attacks or attempts the company’s email, data , or web-based systems. assessing their current risks and vulnerabilities, developing and implementing remediation plans and policies, and being involved in monitoring and enhancing their security related initiatives.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join one of the most innovative companies and recognized brands in the Consumer Goods industry; a fast growing 2.5B business (division of a publicly held company) with 2.5K employees and major operations around the world. But more important than that is how the company truly understands what it means to value and appreciate its employees. They do so many little things beyond just having an excellent benefits package.
It is a dynamic and high-impact role with unlimited career growth opportunity. As a Cyber Security Engineer, you’ll be responsible for evaluating current security controls, IT systems, policies, and procedures to enhanced the company’s overall security posture for email, data, and web-based applications. This will include the following areas of focus, as examples…..
- Investigating possible security threats, with internal teams and external agencies as needed,
- Reviewing security violation reports and logs
- Assisting and often leading incident response efforts,
- Managing their EDR platform,
- Analyzing emails for security threats,
- Overseeing IAM operations,
- Assessing and enhancing cloud security controls,
- Participating in vulnerability scanning penetration tests, and security audits.
- Actively engaged in designing and architecting the company’s security plans for both on-prem platforms and cloud implementation (Azure)
- Must have 5+ years experience in the cyber security arena as a Security Engineer, or similar roles.
- Must have hands-on experience with IT security audits and assessments, recommending improvements, policies, procedures, solutions, training
- Must have experience with the following security platforms, systems, tools
- Email security: Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security EMS+E5, Azure AD P2, DLP, CASB, DLP, endpoint protection, anti-malware tools
- Azure AD, AD Security, O365 or M365, IAM, Purview, MCAS, Conditional Access policies
- Windows Server
- VMware admin experience (intermediate level is fine)
- Trend Micro security suit, Apex One, DDAN and DDI, Email Gateway, Deep Security, or similar technologies
- Vulnerability scanning: Qualys, Tenable, Mobile Iron,
- Anti-Virus: crown, Sophos
- Experience with SIEM (any platform is fine).
- Must have experience with automation and scripting
- Must have good experience in enterprise networking and network security (e.g., CCNA, CCNP level expertise)
Experience in the following will be a plus (nice to have)
- Trend Cloud App Security
- Experience with Zscaler (ZIA), Advanced firewalls,
- Experience with any Web application firewall (WAF), or F5 LTM ASM, iRules, DNS (GTM)
- Experience with Linux and/or MacOS
- Must have good communication skills and teaming skills.
- Any security certs will be a plus (CISSP, CCSP, CISA, CEH, etc.)
Company Culture: They are committed to their people and to their customers, and have a great focus on speed to market and innovation. They hire great people to do great things. They have a culture of positive values, open communication, collaboration, integrity, respect, and innovation.
Exciting things about this opportunity
- Work for a solid, growing, innovative industry leader in the Consumer Goods industry
- Senior role that is has high impact across the organization
- Excellent company culture and values
- Lucrative base and bonus, excellent benefits, 401K with generous match, Pension, relocation assistance if needed
If this sounds like you... or you would like more information…
The Trevi Group
karel@thetrevigroup (dot) com
If this position is not the right match for you... then who comes to mind that should hear about it. Any recommendations you provide will be tagged confidentially with your name so that if we place that person within one year, we will send you a $1,000 Amex Gift Card to thank you for your help. Just know that when we contact people that you recommend to us, we contact them confidentially and never mention your name. Your referrals are handled in a completely confidential manner.
About THE TREVI GROUP:
The Trevi Group is part of the MRI Network, a leading global search firm with over 250 offices worldwide, and is recognized by FORBES as one of the Best US Executive Search Firms. Since 2008, we've been helping companies hire IT leadership, engineers, and architects in the IT industry.
Keywords: cyber security engineer architect ISSM firewall siem ips ids cissp blue team read team qradar cloud sophos iam mdm edr firewall trend micro ems e5 zscaler zia active directory office 365 mcas tebable.io threat hunting linux bind #thetrevigroup anti virus email malware