Thales Defense & Security, Inc. is a global company serving the defense, federal, and commercial markets with innovative solutions for the ground tactical, airborne and avionics, naval/maritime, and public safety and security domains. In addition to mission-critical communication systems, the company provides helmet-mounted displays and motion tracking technologies; SATCOM terminals; advanced sonar systems; air traffic management navigation, surveillance, and simulation; and data protection solutions. Furthermore, the company serves as a gateway for technology, leveraging Thales-wide solutions—such as combat management systems; naval, airborne, and ground ISR; and electronic warfare—to address U.S. requirements.
Thales Defense & Security, Inc. has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer to support the production floor in TDSI's electronics factory. This position is located in the Clarksburg office and reports to the Concurrent Engineering Director.Top Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Yearly Incentive Bonus Program
- Generous 401(k) program - up to 7% company contribution and 100% immediate vesting
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid wellness, vacation, and holiday leave
- Paid maternity, paternity, and parental leave
- 9/80 Work Schedule (every other Friday off)
- Performs manufacturing engineering design and support tasks of moderate complexity with minimal supervision and technical direction.
- Provides technical guidance and support to production associates.
- Improve existing processes and design new production processes.
- Improve assembly processes, throughput, and minimize the required operator resources.
- Create and maintain manufacturing work instructions.
- Monitor processes to ensure quality and productivity goals are met.
- Maintain a high ethical standard of practice, including compliance with all company procedures.
- U.S. Citizenship required. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- BSEE/BSCE/BSME/BSCS or equivalent (Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineer preferred) or equivalent experience in an electronics manufacturing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications - Fluent in English.
- Must be able to lift/move 50 pounds with or without assistance.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. Thales is an E-Verify employer.
- 2-4+ years as an engineer.
- Engineering experience in an electronics manufacturing environment.
- Previous SMT experience.
- Mechanical ability in electro-mechanical assembly.
- Continuous improvements based on statistical analysis and LEAN techniques.
- Knowledge of IPC-A-610, J-STD-001 and AS9100 standards.
- Familiar with ERP and MES systems.
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 240-864-7630.