Security Operations AdministratorLocation:
RemoteIndividual or People Manager:
IndividualPurpose of Role
The Security Operations Administrator is a key role on the Information Security team that provides on-going hands-on support of all enterprise security solutions, identifies, and recommends solutions required to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information assets for the
Professional Experience, Essential Skills, And Knowledge
- The Security Operations Administrator is responsible for administering all Information Security systems and advising IT on security best practices for all systems.
- The Security Operations Administrator performs audits of security controls, engineering practices, and recommends improvements for each organization.
- The Security Operations Administrator is responsible for working closely with IT to document, recommend/implement improvements to existing systems.
- The Administrator monitors alerts and incidents within the organization and responds in accordance with existing policies and procedures and escalates, if needed.
- The Administrator works with vendors to evaluate and make recommendations for security tools.
- The Administrator evaluates and decisions requests for access to systems containing sensitive data.
- Manage InfoSec projects, performs risk assessments, documents, and coordinates the remediation of deficiencies across multiple teams and business organizations concurrently.
- Must have 10+ years of experience in IT and/or Information Security, preferably with a SMB
- Experience with cloud infrastructure components in Microsoft Azure including NSGs, servers, app gateways, microservices, storage containers and networking.
- Experience with OWASP Critical Controls preferred
- Experience in Healthcare
- CISSP or CISM certification is preferred
These are core traits we look for in all candidates and potential employees and are assessed throughout the interview process:
- Ability to manage multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to work with multiple cross functional teams; IT, Infrastructure, DevOps, and Development
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to collaborate with peers, managers, and clients
- Project management skills
- Planning and organization
- Problem solving and Decision making
$75,000-85,000 based on experienceUpHealth is an equal opportunities employer.