Gen3 Technology Consulting isan SBA-certified Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) providinga diverse set of technology services and solutions to federal and commercial clients. Founded in 2017, Gen3 leverages over 25 years of information technology management and leadership experience to help our clients define, plan, manage, and achieve their strategic vision while protecting their critical IT assets.We attract and retain the highest caliber of talent by supporting an inclusive work environment, cultivating growth and leadership both professionally and personally, and encouraging work-life balance. We strive to make it our priority to be compassionate, family-friendly, respectful, and flexible.
Gen3’s Joint Ventures,Pivotal Impact(JV with Caldwich) andVetCentric(JV with PingWind) expand our team’sknowledge and expertise as we pool resources to bring federal agencies strong technical, program management, and cyber security solutions, derived by a disciplined management consulting approach.
About the role:
VetCentric has an immediate need for a Cybersecurity / Information System Security Engineerfamiliar with NIST 800.53 and FISMA policies. We are seeking entry and mid-level candidates for this position within the cybersecurity services workforce. This scope of work is focused on resolving audit findings from FISMA and FISCAM audits for data centers.
Location:Remote, U.S. Candidates residing in an SBA HUBZoneare preferred.
What you'll do:
- Analyze vulnerability information, activities, and events to provide leadership with security situational awareness of overall security posture.
- Analyze security incident resolution processes and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Assist in audit log review processes.
- Assist in creating and documenting standard processes by which information security professionals can analyze various vulnerability data, conduct trending and impact analysis, and consult various customers on the meaning of the data and its impact on enterprise areas or responsibility.
- Assist in developing SOPs for enterprise training material in support of security auditing, POA&M reviews, ATO processes, and A&A.
- Develop training material.
- Support implementation and maintenance of technical, administrative, and physical security controls and associated security evidence and artifacts to address Material Weaknesses from OIG FISMA and FISCAM audits.
What you'll need:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar technical field with 5 years of experience or 10 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Have familiarity with NIST 800.53 and FISMA applications within data centers.
- Have familiarity with Tenable, Nessus, Risk Vision, Solar Winds, and eMASS.
- Understanding of National Institute of Science and Technology (NIST)800.53 security controls and control families.
- Experience creating NIST 800.53 related training materials.
- Experience implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Experience creating reports using MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Exceptional interpersonal and client relationship skills.
- Flexible with a great attitude.
What's desired to have:
- Experience supporting Veterans Affairs (VA).