In our effort to share some Apptega love with the market, we need great Business Development Representatives (BDRs) to join our growing sales team. Are you driven by the hunt? We need people that have a high-energy, contagious personality, outstanding interpersonal skills, and can comfortably present in any environment. Apptega provides a casual, fun startup environment. We celebrate each other’s successes and support each other through our failures.
In the first month, you will:
- Get familiar with Apptega and the cybersecurity marketplace
- Learn about our target market and our customers
- Understand the problem we solve and our value proposition
- Learn how to maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities, including sales calls, e-mails, opportunities, and follow-up activities
- Take our Sales Playbook and build your plan on attacking the marketplace
- Kick off your training wheels and start your outreach
The next 3 months:
- Get into the queue, responding to inbound downloads and demo requests.
- Have conversations, qualify, and schedule leads for demos and trials with Apptega Account Executives
- Manage a systematic approach for targeted prospect outreach using a suite of sales acceleration tools
- Use any means necessary (email, phone calls, voicemails, LinkedIn, Twitter, carrier pigeon, candy-gram) to engage in meaningful conversations
- Conduct introductory meetings and help schedule demonstrations with qualified prospects, engaging our sales team and executives to win business
The next 12 months:
- Build confidence in your messaging, sales pitch, and ability to demo Apptega
- Demonstrate your ability to meet your targets consistently
- Learn more complex sales skills “riding along” with the senior sales leaders and executives
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with senior decision-makers and day-to-day contacts
- We want you to grow out of the BDR role
- As Apptega scales, there will be opportunities to grow across the organization
- Apptega is rapidly scaling a direct, reseller, and Managed Service Provider model. Successful BDRs can choose the right path for them to help us grow and support the market, potentially in Sales, Customer Success, Partners, Channels, etc.
What it takes to be successful
- You have to have a thick skin, the soul of a missionary, and the energy of a gazelle. You’ll be converting the masses on why Apptega will make their organizations more secure and their lives easier.
- You are proficient in many ways of communicating with people with a level of pleasant persistence that is endearing...even on the tenth outreach call.
- Can you be pleasantly persistent? You cannot be afraid of the phone as part of your outreach cadence – studies show it takes 8-12 touches to get a prospect to engage, and cold phone outreach is a key part of the strategy.
- You will get 30 seconds with a prospect. Can you “stick the landing?”
- We’ll teach you the pitch and how to get your shot, but it will be your continuous practice and willingness to improve that will make you an expert at telling the Apptega story
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, relevant degree program or equivalent experience
Why you should be on the Apptega Bandwagon
- Be an early contributor to a company that is changing the way companies organize cybersecurity with lots of upward mobility
- Work with passionate people that have experience growing and scaling sales organizations
- Clear progression and promotion plan
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a company as it scales up for growth with unlimited opportunities for advancement
- Base salary plus incentive compensation with no caps on earnings
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k with Matching Funds)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development
- Hybrid work schedule
- Free Beverages & Snacks
- Free on-site state-of-the-art gym membership
- Beautiful new office with incredible views