Text code SSEC to 202-915-6712 to apply!
Since 2009, MindPoint Group has been the cybersecurity firm of choice for the most security-conscious US federal agencies and commercial enterprises.
We're proud to be one of Inc. 5000's fastest growing companies in the country. With several ‘Best Places to Work’ awards under our belts, we have a diverse employee-focused culture, accessibility, and communication between all levels and departments, and over 4 stars in reviews on Glassdoor.
Come be a part of what we're building. We use our award-winning recruitment process to seek the most skilled, experienced, and driven information security consulting experts in the industry, while simultaneously empowering applicants to determine if MindPoint Group is the right fit for them. We are profoundly invested in selecting the right people to join our team and are equally driven to expand and develop careers long-term.
With positions throughout the US, a role at MindPoint Group promises you:
- An opportunity to work within one of the most diverse DC-based organizations
- Generous tuition and professional development reimbursements
- Mentorship opportunities with leaders focused on your growth
- Competitive benefits like 401k matching, 11 federal holidays, etc.
- And more!
MindPoint Group is seeking an experienced Senior Security Engineer to support architecture, system administration, network administration, and security operations. Tasks are expected to be executed while coordinating with various government teams in mission-critical environments.What You Get To Do Every Day
- Administer, configure, manage, patch, upgrade, design, and optimize netowrk and host-based security tools and systems
- Evaluate, install, configure, test, and update network and host-based security systems and hardware
- Develop network and host-based security systems and security operation center knowledge base articles, how-to documents, standard operating procedures, and policies
- Develop scripts or code to automate operations, administration, maintenance, or analysis of data and systems
- Develop, document, and review secure baseline configurations for each technology used within the environment
- Assist in determining authorization boundaries and placement of new systems within the Agency’s enterprise architecture
- Support the development of new systems, and modernization of legacy systems that are in line with Security and Enterprise Architecture requirements
- Design, develop, and maintain detailed security drawings
- Develop alternative system designs and architectures
- Develop and document Solution Architecture Models, Threat Models, and CONOPS Security Operations
- Perform security impact analyses for proposed changes to assigned systems
- Review IT system plans to ensure designs meet governmental standards and provide an appropriate level of protection for client systems and data
- Conduct gap analysis of system requirements and components
- Mentor teammates
What skills are required?
- US Citizenship, Public Trust Eligibility required**
What is ideal?
- Minimum 6 years general experience and 4 years of Security Engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience
- Experience administering security tools such as Imperva WAF (Web Application Firewall), Splunk, Symantec DLP, FireEye, IDS
- Experience with at least one of the following: Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/8/10, Syslog (rsyslog, syslog-ng, etc), Linux variants (RedHat/CentOS/Ubuntu), Event log collection, scripting (Python, Perl, Bash, PowerShell), VMWare
- Familiar with the use of a SIEM for analysis
- Familiar with multi-tiered network applications, common ports, and protocols used in those communications
- Ability to perform online research and comprehend attack signatures while comparing them to network traffic to perform a proper analysis of detections
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate complex concepts efficiently and accurately
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSAP, GCFW, GSEC, Splunk, or other certifications preferred
- Understanding and experience with virtualization technologies (VMWare) a plus
- Familiarity with implementing DISA STIGs and CIS Benchmarks preferred
- This is a hybrid role with expectations of being on the client site a few days a week.
Job applicants that are interested in one of our openings and may require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, should contact us to request an accommodation.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Highlights of our benefits include Health/Dental/Vision, 401(k) match, Flexible Time Off, STD/LTD/Life Insurance, Referral Bonuses, professional development reimbursement, maternity/paternity leave, mobile phone stipend, pre-tax commuter benefits, the opportunity to participate in our mentorship program, and more!
- MindPoint is committed to maintaining a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Are you interested in a posted job opportunity but may not check all of the “boxes” for desired qualifications? If so, we encourage you to apply! Our commitment to sustain and champion an inclusive and dynamic community of employees is a high priority!
Text code SSEC to 202-915-6712 to apply!