Open Position: Information Security Engineer
Reports to: Information Security Officer
Location: Nashville, TN or Remote
HST Pathways is on a mission to transform healthcare with innovative software technology that enables surgery centers to provide more cost-efficient patient care and better outcomes. Our suite of solutions spans the entire case lifecycle, including scheduling, care coordination, clinical documentation, and revenue cycle. Backed by Bain Capital, we are the fastest growing ASC software company and serve over 1,100 surgery centers, but we’re just getting started and have plans to 10X the value we offer. However, our big ambitions are only as strong as the team behind them, which is why we’re looking to build our team with the best.
What we’re looking for:
You are inspiring, authentic, intuitive, highly motivated, results-driven, and a fast learner. You want to work for a company with a positive work culture that is fast-paced and evolving. You believe that working for a diverse and inclusive organization is best and hold the values of One Team, Inclusion, Transparency, Agility, Empathy, Growth Mindset and Proactivity -- and you’re ready to be an ambassador that exemplifies these qualities. You are data driven and comfortable with a high-volume workload (“roll up your sleeves” approach) and adept at dealing with a dynamic work setting.
The Information Security Engineer will be responsible for evaluating, implementing, and supporting information security technologies and procedures for our growing organization. This position will review systems to identify potential security weaknesses, recommend improvements to amend vulnerabilities, implement changes, and document upgrades. The Information Security Engineer will work to ensure that the company's IT networks, applications, and infrastructure meet all applicable regulatory and compliance requirements. This role is responsible for operationalizing the information security program and supporting the Information Security Officer. This position will engage with other IT and Business teams in the organization.
- Analyze IT and business requirements and provide objective advice on the use of security requirements
- Plan, research, and perform security engineering for IT systems and applications (on-prem and cloud)
- Review existing security controls and recommend/implement improvements
- Perform information security risk assessments and provide remediation recommendations
- Test, evaluate, and implement new security technologies
- Lead technical meetings to address security risks
- Communicate security requirements with vendors and service providers
- Assist with security questionnaires, information security agreements, and vendor risk assessments
- Develop project timelines for security initiatives
- Review current and proposed changes to system security designs to ensure that security is maintained, and that risk is minimized
- Test the effectiveness of deployed security controls
- Contribute to security awareness materials
- Respond to and investigate security incidents and provide post-event analyses
- Contribute to disaster recovery / business continuity and security incident response planning
- Coordinate with external third parties, auditors, and independent penetration testing consultants
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards (e.g., participate in educational opportunities, read professional publications, and participate in professional organizations)
- Work effectively as a key part of the Information Security team
- Proven work experience as an Information Security Engineer or similar role (3+ years)
- Experience with planning, researching, and designing security controls for IT systems and applications (on-prem and cloud)
- Experience with cloud security engineering (AWS required; Azure and GCP preferred)
- Experience with security testing tools and techniques
- Ability to identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Keen understanding of cybersecurity threats and hacking methods
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of technology, specifically networks, applications, and software development
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient with macOS and Windows
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, cybersecurity, programming, database administration, or a related field (preferred)
- Professional certification in information security, such as CISSP, CASP+, or GSE (preferred)
- Healthcare sector experience (preferred)
- We go beyond the expected. We strive to be the difference in everything we do and look for ways to innovate and deliver beyond expectations.
- We thrive through collaboration. We invest in our team and take pride in the success of others.
- We strive to make a positive impact. We are passionate in our work and leverage our collective creativity and industriousness to make big things happen.
- We sharpen and share our expertise. We aspire to learn, grow, and share knowledge.
- We love the journey. We never lose sight of the fact that we’re contributing to building a new model of healthcare delivery.
Perks & Benefits:
- Remote work environment
- Health benefits paid for employee
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy
- 11 company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave
- 401K with matching contributions
- Learning and development allowance
- A diverse, inclusive, and fun team!
HST Pathways celebrates diversity and is steadfast in fostering an inclusive work environment where employees feel valued, respected, and engaged. We champion and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is instinctive and fuels innovation, connection, and a strong sense of “One Team”. HST is deeply committed to representing and reflecting the unique experiences, perspectives and viewpoints of our employees, customers, and the communities we serve.