Are you someone who thrives under pressure and enjoys an exciting and challenging work environment? If so, we have the opportunity for you!
Cloud Security Engineer
Full-Time, (home)based in the US
We’re BCD Travel, one of the world’s leading corporate travel management companies with offices around the globe. We help our clients travel smart and achieve more. People join our company because we provide a dynamic work environment, where no two days are the same. And our people stay with us because we care about their work-life balance. But don’t just take our word for it: we've been voted top place to work and recognized by Investors In People, Flexjobs and Forbes.
In this role, you are responsible for supporting operational innovation and providing security direction to the business to elevate the company’s security posture within a cloud computing infrastructure. In an advanced role, the cloud security engineer will help secure applications and environments at scale. You are expected to possess advanced administrative and troubleshooting skills and be knowledgeable about architecture, engineering, and design principles. The Cloud Security Engineer should be adept at dealing with disparate applications and data systems to maintain the level of rigor required to adhere to business direction. Along with the depth of system coverage, the role requires planning and design of security policies up to and including developing security baseline requirements.
In tandem with security leadership, cloud security engineers consistently assess the threat landscape and adapt quickly to protect the business from risk. You must be highly technical and possesses extensive experience in security and systems administration across a wide variety of cloud infrastructure, including software as a service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), and platform as a service (PaaS). You are also expected to have a strong work ethic, leverage analytical and critical thinking, and be skillful at meeting change requests at a moment’s notice. Because the role often interfaces with other business units, strong listening, and communication skills are an asset.
A snapshot of this opportunity
- Develop and maintain secure, resilient enterprise-grade cloud processes in tandem with architects and system engineers
- Actively monitor, assess, and recommend tactical and strategic initiatives based on new and emerging threats posing risks to cloud computing environments
- Attend regular technical project and implementation meetings, and serve as the security consultant to help guide secure application and infrastructure configurations
- Document, formulate, and enforce areas of security improvement that balance risk with business operations and do not diminish efficiencies or innovation
- Stay apprised of current and proposed security changes impacting regulatory, privacy and security industry best practice guidance. Apply learned knowledge across key lines of business, including products, practices, and procedures
- Build, document, and maintain standard security procedures and requirements
- Attend and fully engage in change and project management meetings
- Collect, calculate, and format data for metrics reporting. Analyze metrics and report trends and opportunities for improvement
- Stay current on industry trends and emerging technologies relating to Information Security & Cloud Technologies
How can you set yourself apart
- Degree (B.A., B.S.) or equivalent education and experience in Information Security, Computer Science, or related curriculum
- Extensive experience in cybersecurity as a practitioner and with at least 2-3+ years exposure with Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Microsoft Azure
- Experienced in the use of threat intelligence services in a production environment
- Experienced in cloud networking architecture and cloud operations, with cloud access security broker (CASB) and cloud security posture management (CSPM) experience preferred.
- Experience and understanding of various regulatory requirements and laws, including but not limited to the Payment Card Industry (PCI), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Additionally, experience in one or more of the following: ISO 27001/2, ITIL, NIST-53, or NIST-171.
- Familiarity with SPM tools such as SecurityScorecard and BitSight
- Familiarity with security guideline frameworks such as CIS Controls/Benchmarks, NIST CSF, and SABSA
- Up-to-date understanding of a wide range of incident response, system configuration, vulnerability management, and hardening guidelines
- Familiarity with security solutions and tools such as Qualys, Salt, Prisma, Orbus iServer, Zscaler, Whitehat, and BeyondTrust as well as cloud-native tools such as Azure Monitor, AWS CloudTrail, and AWS GuardDuty
- Experience leading tasks or projects with the ability to work individually or as part of integrated teams
- Familiarity with and understanding of modern application development techniques and approaches such as CI/CD pipelines, API and microservices, and container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with advanced Microsoft Office Products
- Strong experience with troubleshooting problems to resolution
- Experience working in customer-service-oriented roles is desired
What we offer you
At BCD Travel, we work with highly motivated and passionate people. We value open communication, collaboration, and a flexible work-life balance. We offer unique, often global, experiences that empower you to develop and grow within the organization. Sustainability and helping others are also high on our list. We make a difference through charitable activities in our communities across the globe.
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. We give travelers innovative tools that keep them safe and productive and help them make good choices on the road. We partner with travel and procurement leaders to simplify the complexities of business travel, drive savings and satisfaction, and move whole companies toward their goals. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with a global client retention rate of 98%, the highest in the industry. For more information, visit www.bcdtravel.com.
Create your profile and upload your resume/cover letter via our website. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions via email@example.com. Note: send your application via the website only.
Stay informed about new career opportunities at BCD Travel
Use the 'notify me' button in our careers center to be one of the first to hear about interesting opportunities in the future. On the left-hand side of the screen, you can select filters to see updates on all vacancies that match your interest.
*Note: We’ll give preference to internal and/or furloughed employees.