Position: Laboratory Technician
Location: Canaan, CT
Duration: 8+ Months Contract
Total Hours/week: 40.00
Client: Medical Device Company
Employment Type: Contract on W2 (Need US Citizens Or GC Holders Only)
Shift: 1st - Monday-Friday: 7:00am - 3:30pm
On-site (not remote)
Job Description Summary
The Laboratory Technician is responsible for preparing and performing the microbiological testing required for Internal (BD Canaan) and External (BDX) Lab Customers per established Work Instructions and Standards. The Technician must exercise accuracy in performing test procedures and must keep accurate records.Responsibilities
- Responsible for Sterility Testing, including SDAs, Sterility tests, and BI tests while maintaining a sterile field.
- Responsible for non-sterile product Bioburden testing while maintaining a sterile field.
- Responsible for LAL testing is a plus.
- Cleaning and disinfection of the Micro Lab equipment and spaces.
- Environmental monitoring of the manufacturing floor and the Controlled Access Room.
- Preparing media for all associated testing, and the associated quality checks, as well as sterilization of testing utensils.
- Cleaning and decontamination of glassware used in microbiological equipment.
- Trend Micro Lab testing data.
- Adherence to Standards and adherence to schedules.
- Work independently.
- Work in a team environment.
- Solve problems and make informed decisions.
- Set priorities and timelines.
- Take initiative (see what needs to be done and then do it).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work OT without prior notice.