About the Role
The Service Desk Engineer serves as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, by email or in person. Performs incident resolution through troubleshooting and asking questions that are relevant to the issue.
- Assist employees with technical problems/issues.
- Install and configure laptop and desktop computers for use on the network.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues remotely as well as in person.
- Escalate issues to the next level of support if required.
- Provide accurate information on IT products and services.
- Document incident resolution steps in the Service Desk system.
- Follow-up with employees on ticket status and information.
- Pass on feedback or suggestions by employees/customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on processes and procedures.
- Available to work different shifts (7:30 to 4:30, 8:30 to 5:30, and 11:00 to 7:00)
- Superior customer service skills (Always approach a problem from the customer’s perspective)
- Ability to troubleshoot Windows 10, Office 2010/13/16/365 and associated peripherals such as scanners, printers, UPS’s, Docks, headsets, and cameras.
- Ability to install software.
- Ability to install phones, assign and change extensions, diagnose, and resolve challenges.
- Basic knowledge of networking and WiFi configuration
- Ability to install and maintain Printers and scanners.
- Imaging laptops and desktops. Maintaining and updating the image (Smart Deploy)
- Knowledge of Active Directory, primarily AD Users and Computers
- Basic knowledge of Networking (Cisco Preferred). LAN / WAN / IP Addresses
- Basic knowledge of Operational backup and Recovery
- Knowledge of Antivirus Management (Trend Micro and Defender)
- Knowledge of BitLocker drive encryption management using AD
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a service desk technician preferred.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues using independent research and senior level team members.
At Brighton Health Plan Solutions (BHPS), we’re creating something new and different in health care, and we’d love for you to be part of it. Based in New York City, BHPS is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial health care enablement company bringing tangible innovation to the health care delivery system. The BHPS Team is committed to transforming how health care is accessed and delivered. We believe that cost, quality, and population health are optimized when people have long term relationships with their health care providers – and that’s why we’re creating new products that today do not exist anywhere in the New York/New Jersey market. With a growing labor business under the well-known MagnaCare brand, the launch of Create - a new marketplace of health systems focused on self-insured commercial health plan sponsors, and a successful Casualty business, we’re fiercely committed to positively impacting our partners.
Transform the health plan experience – how health care is accessed and delivered – by bringing outstanding products and services to our partners.
Redefine health care quality and value by aligning the incentives of our partners in powerful and unique ways.
DEI Purpose Statement
At BHPS, we encourage all team members to bringyourauthentic selves to work with all ofyourunique abilities. Werespect how you experience the world andwelcome you to bringthe fullness ofyourlived experience into the workplace. We are building, nurturing and embracing a culture focused on increasing diversity, inclusion and a sense of belonging at every level.
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer