Who We Are:
With offices in Los Angeles, Newport Beach, Boston and Sarasota,Aristotle is a family of employee‐owned investment management firms that collectively manage equity and fixed income strategies. Aristotle attracts and retains talented investment professionals through a culture focused on research, investment management and client success.
Aristotle’s experienced corporate leadership team oversees a centralized support infrastructure to ensure that our distinct teams of investment professionals can focus on what they do best—adding value to client portfolios. The company’s support infrastructure includes shared services such as finance, compliance, trading,operations, client communication, marketing, and distribution.
Please visitwww.aristotlecap.comfor more information on our firm.
We are currently seeking aDevOps DBA to join our team. The ideal candidate has a proven DBA background, with an ambitious IT generalist mindset. You are passionate about DevOps and Cloud and working in an Agile environment. You automate all your database tasks and have experience scripting cloud-native technologies.
What You Will Do:
- Monitor, analyze, and optimize Portfolio Accounting, Trade Order Management, and other critical Line of Business databases
- Work closely with Aristotle development teams to identify issues, tune queries, and stored procedures
- Provide proactive data management support and training to stakeholders
- Establish and implement database standards, conventions, policies, procedures (security/operations)
- Create, maintain, and update all relevant documentation in Confluence
- Help lock down and secure Aristotle databases, following principle of least privilege
- Analyze metrics of systems and databases to identify and implement performance-tuning opportunities
- Establish and define SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs for monitoring all databases
- Migrate manual database tasks to DevOps pipeline
- Manage infrastructure and configuration as code in AWS, via Jenkins pipelines
- Automate miscellaneous tasks and queries for audit reporting
- Help automate the database changes our development teams make
- Database Performance Monitoring to troubleshoot issues or optimize processes/queries
What You Will Need:
- 5+ years as a proven SQL Server Database Administrator
- 2+ years AWS experience: RDS/Aurora, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server. ElastiCache, Lambda, SNS, EKS, S3, etc.
- 3+ years experience doing full-stack application troubleshooting/support
- 1-2+ years experience working with DevOps tooling, ex: Git, Terraform, Ansible, or CloudFormation
- 1-2+ years experience with Linux and scripting
- Experience, or knowledge of SDLC and CI/CD for managing infrastructure, applications, and services
- Proficient using Infrastructure as Code to manage resources in cloud
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, and running applications and databases in Linux containers a plus
- Experience building and running both stateless and stateful Docker containers
- Familiarity with Azure SQL
- Experience with Datadog, or other APM and monitoring platforms
- Excellent documentation writing skills
- Understanding of 12-factor application architecture
- Familiarity of Power BI or similar tooling
- Strong at query plan analysis, query tuning, index optimization and performance troubleshooting
- Deep understanding of data warehouse structures (OLTP vs. OLAP, Fact/Dimension, schemas, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with database standards and investment management applications
- Knowledge of data backup, recovery, replication, security, and other SQL maintenance tasks
- Familiarity with database design, schemas, integrations and Transact scripting
- Familiarity with basic principles of Enterprise Data Model design, Business Intelligence, and Data Warehousing
- Strong communication skills and proficient computer skills (Microsoft 365 Suite, Atlassian Confluence and Jira)
- Knowledge or experience with Hashicorp Vault, or other secrets management tooling
- Four-year Undergraduate Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
What We Have to Offer:
- Robust Health, Dental, and Vision insurance for you and your dependents
- 401(K) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
- A culture that values inclusivity
- Flexible Paid time off, including annual Employee Volunteer Day
- Life,Critical Illness, Disability, and Accidental Injury Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Various Company events throughout the year
- Employee Discount Program
We invite you to learn more about us atwww.aristotlecap.com/careers/
Is Aristotle Right for You?
- At Aristotle, we stand by our core values.
- We place our clients’ interests first.
- We act with integrity.
- We achieve excellence through accountability and collaboration.
- We empower our employees.
- We are respectful.
- We value community.
Compensation Range: $130,000.00 - $160,000.00, plus discretionary bonus.
This is ahybrid role, preference is to be located within commuting distance of our Los Angeles or Newport Beach office.
We are looking for exceptional individuals who are intelligent, enthusiastic, and curious, someone who will contribute to our expanding business. An ideal candidate would not limit their contributionto the provided job description but would help us surpass our goals by continually finding ways to improvethemselves and the firm. If you would like the stability of a successful, established company and the growthopportunities of a dynamic environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
Note:The above description identifies the essential job functions and skills needed by the person or persons assigned tothis position. These job functions and skills are not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of allresponsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential job functions. The information contained herein is subject to change at the company's discretion. No phone calls. No agencies or recruiters.
Aristotle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Aristotle will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent withthe requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Aristotle Capital Management, LLC, Aristotle Credit Partners, LLC, Aristotle Capital Boston, LLC, and Aristotle Atlantic Partners,LLC are affiliated organizations. Each is an independent investment adviser separately registered under the InvestmentAdvisers Act of 1940, as amended. Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. More information about eachadviser including the investment strategies, fees and objectives can be found in their ADV Part 2, which is available uponrequest.