DrFirst is an innovative Health IT company with a mission to create user-friendly solutions so that doctors can treat their patients quickly, efficiently, and safely. Over 300,000 healthcare professionals, 120,000 prescribers, 67,000 pharmacies and 280 of the healthcare IT vendors in the market depend on us every day to reduce clinical errors and improve patient outcomes.
You will be part of a team building and operating highly scalable software using cutting edge technologies for a variety of devices. You will get to solve the most complex problems that arise in the areas of distributed computing and high-volume transaction processing. Your code will reach thousands of doctors and touch the lives of millions of patients across the country.
Our culture is entrepreneurial, team oriented, collaborative, and fast-paced. We look for talented people who are passionate about developing world class software. If you love working on network security infrastructure to flush out vulnerabilities and are passionate about building innovation that matters, we want to hear from you!
The Senior Security Engineer will be responsible for supporting DrFirst’s corporate (serving internal users) and production network (supporting customers). This role places heavy emphasis on thought leadership and execution of security principles to continually ensure DrFirst networks, and the products we license to customers reflect best practices in the prevention of security vulnerabilities and incidents.
Who will love this job
- An Innovator: who thinks outside the box to introduce new methods, ideas, and products
- A Problem solver: who is passionate about using technology to solve complicated problems, and harnessing the power of data to adopt new tactics to enhance efficiency and scalability
- A Team builder: who enjoys coaching developers, product owners and other security team members in understanding security principles; attracting and retaining A-players
- A Trusted advisor: someone with strong leadership acumen who always strives to do better tomorrow than today, and continuously improve DrFirst security program
- A Driver: who works with purpose and passion; someone who will elevate our technical teams through new perspectives, ideas, and solutions
- A Collaborator: who can navigate internal teams together to deliver best-in-class products contributing to DrFirst’s market share and profitability targets.
What You Will Work On
- Use Ansible and Terraform to efficiently manage production infrastructure.
- Implement "Infrastructure as Code" leveraging standard orchestration tools.
- Monitor the network functions and performance daily.
- Diagnose and remediate distributed application outages and performance issues.
- Maintain logging infrastructure consisting of ELK stack
- Ensure critical system monitoring is setup using Zabbix and AppDynamics
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
- Participate in weekly calls with Security to stay informed about open vulnerabilities
- Plan and execute network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Perform disaster recovery operations and record backups when required.
- Act as a thought leader and get buy-in and collaboration for integrating security principles into our architectural vision and strategy.
- Manage remediation and prevention of application security vulnerabilities against OWASP Top 10 with product and development teams.
- Contribute to the design to understand their business workflow and to ensure requirements are detailed and documented accordingly.
- Design and develop reusable, scalable, flexible, and high-performing network services, and systems.
- Prepare design documents and give presentations for formal technical reviews.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, root cause analysis, and issue dissection with the team to produce the best solution.
- Analyze and interpret technical data.
- Demonstrate outstanding attention to detail and communication skills.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of operating system design and tuning.
Execution & Delivery
- Execute planned work and deliver items on schedule and on time.
- Proactively work within your team, as well as across teams and departments, to resolve blockers.
- Communicate progress and challenges to your manager and/or tech leadership in a timely manner.
- In the case of blockers or problems, prepare for the discussion by identifying the facts and supporting materials relating to the issue as well as suggestions for moving forward.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Successfully manage competing priorities, pivot and adjust quickly to changing deliverables and expectations, and maintain a strategic understanding of the bigger picture and how the work contributes to broader corporate goals.
Leadership & Collaboration
- Ability to build teams, make sound decisions, and drive action cross functionally.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to interact and work across teams as well as with DrFirst clients.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel to resolve problems.
- Have a growth mindset and maintain your awareness of new and developing technologies.
- Stay current with Cisco, F5, NetApp, Docker, Kubernetes, server infrastructure and technologies.
- Stay current with Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform.
- Stay current with Kibana, AppDynamics, virtualization technologies and architecture scaling.
- Bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity, computer science, information technology, or related discipline
- At least five years of experience as network security engineer or software/network engineer (with security focus)
- Hands on experience with vulnerability/threat detection and remediation
- Experience with scripting languages using Python
- Expertise in networking technology, design, and concepts such as dynamic/static routing, switching, as well as network and routing protocols (such as TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS)
- Hands on experience in firewall infrastructure design, configuration, audit, and optimization
- Deep knowledge of Windows and Linux OS
- Familiarity with cloud security controls and best practices, and virtualization
- A student of security protocols, software development and open-source technologies
- Ability to prioritize and deliver multiple projects simultaneously utilizing both internal and external resources
- Strong communication skills along with the ability collaborate and to influence people
- Ability to train other engineers on network security best practices
- Certifications such as CISSP, CCNA, CEH or GPEN highly desired