Come make your mark with Watermark! We’re a rapidly growing Service- Disabled, Veteran- Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) specializing in risk management and security. Founded by USAF Veterans in 2007, we’re intimately familiar with DOD security programs and mission requirements. Along with our core values of innovation, effective communication, integrity and work/life balance, our employees are the key to our success.
At Watermark, our people come first. We offer comprehensive benefits to address our employees’ physical, mental, emotional, and financial well-being. This includes 100% employer- paid medical insurance, ample paid leave, a free employee assistance program, and a competitive 401k savings plan.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Information Systems Security Officer IIIto join our talented team.
The ISSO is responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for an information system and as such, works in close collaboration with the ISSM and ISO. The position shall have the detailed knowledge and expertise required to manage the security aspects of an information system and, in many organizations, is assigned responsibility for the day-to-day security operations of a system. This also will include physical and environmental protection, personnel security, incident handling, and security training and awareness. It will be required to work in close coordination with the ISSM and ISO in monitoring the information system(s) and its environment of operation to include developing and updating the authorization documentation, implementing configuration management across authorization boundaries. This will include assessing the security impact of those changes and making recommendation to the ISSM. The primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide “day-to-day” support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
In this role you will….
- Assist the ISSM in meeting their duties and responsibilities
- Prepare, review, and update authorization packages
- Ensure approved procedures are in place for clearing, sanitizing, and destroying various types of hardware and media
- Notify ISSM when changes occur that might affect the authorization determination of the information system(s)
- Conduct periodic reviews of information systems to ensure compliance with the security authorization package
- Coordinate any changes or modifications to hardware, software, or firmware of a system with the ISSM and AO/DAO prior to the change
- Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly restored and functioning correctly
- Ensure all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals
- Ensure audit records are collected, reviewed, and documented (to include any anomalies)
- Attend required technical and security training (e.g., operating system, networking, security management) relative to assigned duties
- Execute the cyber security portion of the self-inspection, to include provide security coordination and review of all system assessment plans
- Identify cyber security vulnerabilities and assist with the implementation of the countermeasures for them
- Prepare reports on the status of security safeguards applied to computer systems
- Perform ISSO duties in support of in-house and external customers
- Conduct security impact analysis activities and provide to the ISSM on all configuration management changes to the authorization boundaries
- 5-7 years related experience
- Prior performance in roles such as System Network Administrator or ISSO
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent additional experience (4 years)
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level II or Information Assurance Manager II within 6 months of the date of hire
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 lbs
Watermark Risk Management International, LLC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
Watermark Risk Management International, LLC is a federal contractor and is therefore subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements.