The Information Technology Specialist's role is to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end-user help requests, configuring and supporting laptop computers, and provisioning and managing user accounts among several systems.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment. This individual must also work well under pressure to meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines within abbreviated time constraints while maintaining a "customer service" attitude.
Primary Job Function:
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
- Walk customers through the problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Create and manage new user accounts among several systems.
- Maintain timely and accurate help desk request records using the ticketing system.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue resolution.
- Monitor licensing utilization and hardware inventory.
- Test pending software updates.
- Be an active learner, taking part in continuous education opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of experience in an IT support role
- 2-years of college/technical study in the field or equivalent education and experience combined. CompTIA certification is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server Administration with Active Directory (Provisioning, Group Policies, OU, scripting, etc.) and remote systems management tools.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting desktops, laptops, and other office peripherals.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 and Apple OS.
- Experience with PC imaging and desktop management, including application deployment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and experience with technology rollouts/upgrades.
- Basic knowledge of telephony systems. Ability to provision and set up new phones.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting smartphones (Android, iOS).
- Previous experience utilizing a help desk ticketing system to record and track reported incidents.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver superior customer service is required.
- Scripting experience with any of the following tools: PowerShell, SMS, SCCM
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Proven time management and follow-through skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions promptly.
- Utilizes multi-tasking and organizational skills with attention to detail and emphasis on quality.
- Displays superior written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Displays tactful, mature, and professional demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills, including working with diverse personnel.
- The ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Can work independently and with a team in an agile environment with accuracy.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, and hear.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms to grasp.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- This job's specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Complies with Strike's policies and procedures.
- Complies with Strike's Drug & Alcohol Policy, maintaining favorable drug testing results throughout employment.
- Performs job safely with respect to others, property, and individual safety.
- Works effectively with others to encourage teamwork and productivity.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Strike Construction, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer